Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Bulking, but have trouble w/ carbs

Enock

Ok I did a search, there was one topic similar to it but not quite what I needed.

Ok finally decided to bulk for a very short time. (I cant take fat gain! good thing I don't care much for size)

My problem is I've realized that since I've almost eleminated carbs from my diet my acne has cleared up. I'm in no hurry for that shit to come back.

I'm not quite sure whats effecting it.

I know flour/starches definitly do, its like clock work, 10 torillas (mmm once I start I cant stop eating its clean but plentiful haha)

sugars might do it.

Insulin levels mabe? I mean that would be a reason for both of them and stable levels doing no carb.

How am I to bulk now? I'm kind of scared of postwork out insulin spiking, least for a while clear skin is more important to me than mass.

Can I bulk with very little carbs? I'm talking like broccoli, no potatoes no fruits no oatmeal.

should I eat protien like crazy and let it convert to glucose? (hope that shit doesn't do acne too lol cause I guess it could be since keto style is much lower on protien) I use to eat like 8 serving of protien powder postwork out. ITs soo damn good.

Will I be ok so long as my calories are in excess?
Am I going to add a disproportionate amount of fat, if I have my fat intake relatively high by comparison. (Cuz I'm gonna wing the calories, I do great winging it while cutting but while bulking I figure I'm going to take in quite in excess of what I really need. Hey its also a mental break)

HELP lol.

It will be very hard to gain any sizeable amount of LBM w/o ingesting carbs. there are tons of low GI/GR carb sources like kidney beans, chickpeas, lentils etc. they are great complex carbs and have decent fiber content as well. starch carbs like rice and potatoes are overrated...

regarding your "acne". are you sure that is what it is because true acne is not caused by diet/nutrition and it does not go away. it can only be controlled through medication.

FitnessFrk said:

regarding your "acne". are you sure that is what it is because true acne is not caused by diet/nutrition and it does not go away. it can only be controlled through medication.

Yeah, like clock work I'll eat a bunch of tortillas few days later break out. Since I started keto skin hsa cleared up incredibly and I always had healthy fats in my diet so its not their addition. I'm on accutane but it takes awhile to kick in eventually I'll be able to eat freely since its not an allergy per se.

Awesome thnk u for somereason I didn't even thing about beans those should be fine. I'll have to figure out how I'm gonna work insulin spiking though.

You should follow a CKD.... low carbs for the week to 10 days... then do a 1 to 2 day carb up and them back to low carbs again...

that will allow you to build muscle and put on some mass while staying lean and keeping carbs low almost all the time

problem is after the carb up i'd be fucked a few days later and acne shit takes quite a whille to subside.

Enock said:

Yeah, like clock work I'll eat a bunch of tortillas few days later break out.

You keep associating it with tortillas (not the best carb source to begin with but that is off subject) is the problem all carbs or just when you "eat a bunch of tortillas"? You sure you dont have a food allergy to an ingrediant in tortillas?

keep your protein high. 2g p/bodyweight. At least have carbs postworkout- HI- Dextrose- you must replenish muscle glycogen or you'll go nowhere. Add fat too your meals. I eat Pro/Fat meals, and only eat carbs postworkout. I can get 3500 easily in a day. Add 1Tbsp of Flax to your meals or shakes. Not postworkout though. You need to keep your cals high...you will not store this fat as bodyfat...trust me - My body compostion has completely changed since I have been doing this. Also might want to buy some Omega 3 fish oil capsules take 6-12 grams a day on top of the Flax oil. You will thank me later. I will be waiting.

Now go my son.

SOLID

=w= said:

You keep associating it with tortillas (not the best carb source to begin with but that is off subject) is the problem all carbs or just when you "eat a bunch of tortillas"? You sure you dont have a food allergy to an ingrediant in tortillas?

Its possible its the white processed flour and I'd be safe with oatmeal, but potatoes set me off too soo.

Like I said its not permantnent the accutane will bring me back to a normal eater.

wan2b: I've been drinking canola oil for omega's and alot of peanutbutter. Is that a good enough subsitute for flax?

canola is a quite good substitute for flax (not as good as fish oil though)

PB is not

BTW, Peanut allergies are frequent
it may explain your acne

Top Bottom