Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Building up cardio

Props to peeps who can consistently lift AND run properly. If ur like me, u may have spurts of cardio motivation, but usually its the weights I'm looking forward to not cardio.

I played sports growing up which was always more than enough cardio. Well as u get older, access to organized competitive sports as a reliable source for cardio is harder to stick with. A few years ago I enrolled into different sorts of MMA classes.

I did them long enough where now in the gym I can create my own HIIT or long distance cardio sessions using jump ropes, my own body weight and the bags. I surf too. My point is, open ur mind up, cardio training can be done in a variety ways not just running

^^^ you need to run and put in mileage, you can't run a half mile cause you don't run enough. its not that hard.. your ancestors used to run miles to chase down prey... humans evolved being able to sweat, other animals do not have that ability. so we are natural long distance runners.

cant believe no ones mentioned this

google the "couch to 5k" plan. Its really no different in how the military builds people up for running in basic

it will help build you up and it can be modified a bit to do hiit if you desire
also, rowing machine if you know correct form is a kick ass form of cardio thats easy on the joints
and another "also" everyone says run on the treadmill but I disagree...running on the treadmill causes a shortened stride which can result in foot injuries as well as hellacious shin splints

i started of doing 20 minutes on the elliptical then added 5 minutes to it every week, you'll be doing an hour of cardio like its nothing in a couple months

^^^ this is pretty much what the couch to 5k is

I will say this much when my other half runs ft and lifts he doesnt put on much muscle but his legs get hard a hell (nice things for his butt too)

you ever look into the program hoss?
I used to train before I enlisted ...I could never distance run till I did that program
always could sprint, high and long jump like crazy tho

Top Bottom