Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Bruse Good Looking Dog!!

haha.....Lol Mets! Its hard to be a met fan. Yankees all the way...If I wasn't a yankee fan I think my dad would have disowned me...I think you usually become a fan of the team your dad brings you to...been going to the bronx since im 2 so thats it for me....

Baesball is a highlight sport its good for a few highlights on sportscenter and thats about it. You don't really have to be in good shape to play most positions. Even Wells pitched a perfect game with a hangover.

dannomight said:
Baesball is a highlight sport its good for a few highlights on sportscenter and thats about it. You don't really have to be in good shape to play most positions. Even Wells pitched a perfect game with a hangover.
I agree with dannomight. I hate to generalize about baseball athletes, but from my experiences baseball players are not always good athletes in general.

The college that I attend, wich has won their confrence championship for the last 5 years, 1/3 of the players have guts and couldn't play a pickup game of half court. I have the baseball coach as a professor in one of my classes and he even agrees that baseball players are not great athletes. And I quote him: " A team filled with average players can be very succesfull with a good short stop and a good pitcher."

Many of the baseball players in my highschool never stepped foot on the football field or the basketball court during a game, but were great at baseball.

So what is the definition of a good athelete then?? I would like to see Lance Armstrong try hitting a 95 mile per hour fastball or a 89 MPH slider, you guys dont know what the fuck your talking about. Just because Some of them might not be able to run a 4.4 40 or dunk a 10 ft Goal dont mean shit, throw Lebron James in front of Roger Clemens and watch him shake like a little bitch.

I don't think hitting a ball is athletics at all. More hand eye coordination. I would like to see Randy Johnson dribble a basketball while moving lol. Not to stereotype all baseball players, there are plenty of players that are world class athletes. I just think as a whole baseball requires less athleticism than other sports. It requires a lot less movemant than soccer, basketball etc...

The majority of the time while player are on the field they are just standing. The ball may come to them 3-4 times a game, the rest of the time just standing. The only real requirements that would call for athletic movemant would be running 20-30 feet to get a ball and making an accurate throw. Wich any fat a@$ could do. Plus you see more athletes making a transition from other sports to baseball. You will hardly ever see a baseball player try to make it in the NFL.

I have competed in every sport available in highschool. So I have an idea of the requirements of all of them.

They are all skilled in various ways. Trying to argue which one is more "athletic" is wholely dependant on your definition of athleticism, which is gonna vary across the board.

Top Bottom