Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

bringing up a lagging bodypart

jbw55

Was wondering from everybody out there, what's your technique for bringing up a lagging body part?

- The obvious answer would be to train the body part more, but that would lead to overtraining that bodypart and have the opposite effect, so that philosophy is out.

- The only answer I can come up with that makes sense is to train your other body parts with less intensity so they don't grow as fast, if at all, while you train your lagging body part with greater intensity to bring it up..?

Comments..?

hell no,don't train the other parts less.which bodypart are we talkin about??i would say look into the way you are training the bodypart you're talking about.i couldn't get my legs to grow for shit until i found a combo of exercises that brought it up,i also had problems feeling back when i worked back,so i concentrated on form and selected moves that i felt hit that area,hope i helped.:D

The mann said:
hell no,don't train the other parts less.which bodypart are we talkin about??i would say look into the way you are training the bodypart you're talking about.i couldn't get my legs to grow for shit until i found a combo of exercises that brought it up,i also had problems feeling back when i worked back,so i concentrated on form and selected moves that i felt hit that area,hope i helped.:D

No body part in particular, just looking for overall strategies. I think your comment is right on though, for the most part, when I train a body part that I think is lagging I usually change around my routine and really focus on form, I guess it's really more mental than anything else. I also looked into how I was training, for instance, recently I thought my biceps had started to lag behind, I took an outside honest look at my routine and came to the conclusion that I really wasn't going to full failure and I should be hitting more weight, so I did, I haven't seen the results yet (just started that about 2 weeks ago), but we'll see.

Anybody else do anything different?

I usually end up switching around the execises for that bodypart, increasing the weight, or upping hte intensity with intensity techniques. Usually works pretty well I think. I brought my traps up a lot in the past few months they used to be TINY! Nothing but bone and wide shoulders.

:):)

Prioritize. If its laggin, put it first in your workouts for the week. Make sure it is also the first body part you work that particular day if you do more than one. Remember, PUT IT FIRST NO MATTER WHAT IT IS. This way you can dedicate all your time, energy, focus, and intensity to bringing it up. People say, "don't do abs first, cuz if they are weak you could get injured squatting, deadlifting, etc. Whatever. I know this flies in the face of some people's thinking, but if you truly want to bring it up you'll give it a try. For example, before my last show, I desparately needed to bring up abs and calves. So no matter what they were first in my routine whether I was squatting,etc or whatever else. I never once feared injury. Once the "big" lifts are done your central nervous system and energy substrates are almost tapped so giving a 100% to something else is almost impossible.

Use the Priority Principle-work your weak area first, when you are fresh and capable of generating the greatest amount of intensity. :)
Or increase the number of sets oyu do for the weaker area.And you might just be overtraing that body part.

Top Bottom