Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Body's reaction to a cheat meal

Swole_2112 said:
If you've been eating very clean for a good while, the sudden consumption of all those carbs and heavy fats would cause a rapid decrease in your metabolic rate, resulting in a feeling of sluggishness and fatigue. By the time you get this, you'll probably be feeling better. Anytime that you go for a cheat meal, depending on what and how much of it you eat, it will slow you down, but if you continue to eat clean, your body will purge itself of that cheat meal and it's effects in about 24 hours or so. Happens to me every week on Saturday when I go to cheat on my nutrition.

I don't follow. This is the first time I have ever heard/read anything about eating 'unclean' would cause a decrease in metabolism..you have the link to where you read that?

ZGzaZ said:
damn, steak and garlic mashed potatoes are a cheat meal for you?! I would hate to live in your world...

LOL, I was reading along expecting to see something along the lines of buffet or meal served on a bed of grease.LOL I loves me some steak.
:chomp:

talk about bloat...
its been almost 4 months with not a single beer (not a big drinker), and last week i went to town in two days and damn i was fat until today... you can literlly see the difference... and i notice that beer is more of a moble body fat...shakes alot... haha

drank alot of water and chilled on the cheat foods and it dissapeared

Lextasy said:
talk about bloat...
its been almost 4 months with not a single beer (not a big drinker), and last week i went to town in two days and damn i was fat until today... you can literlly see the difference... and i notice that beer is more of a moble body fat...shakes alot... haha
drank alot of water and chilled on the cheat foods and it dissapeared
I hear ya... i've put on 10 lbs overnight before :lmao:

poysyn said:
I don't follow. This is the first time I have ever heard/read anything about eating 'unclean' would cause a decrease in metabolism..you have the link to where you read that?

There isn't any specific website where I read it. It's just one of many things I've learned about nutrition in the past three years.

To expand on what I was saying, anytime you eat a large meal your body has to work harder to digest, and in that process, one's metabolic rate decreases. That being said, the heavier the meal the more it slows down one's metabolism.

Earth said:
LOL, I was reading along expecting to see something along the lines of buffet or meal served on a bed of grease.LOL I loves me some steak.
:chomp:

LoL! That's what I expected too. I was thinkin this guy downed two pizza's, or 5 buffet plates or something. And its steak, and potatoes, lol.

Swole_2112 said:
There isn't any specific website where I read it. It's just one of many things I've learned about nutrition in the past three years.

To expand on what I was saying, anytime you eat a large meal your body has to work harder to digest, and in that process, one's metabolic rate decreases. That being said, the heavier the meal the more it slows down one's metabolism.

Hmmmm......

Swole_2112 said:

Don't misunderstand me. I'm not saying that that is the only possibility. I'm just saying, in my opinion, that's the most likely possibility, especially when considering the effect glucose has on the metabolic rate once it gets into the blood stream.

Swole_2112 said:

i dont know about that one....i got to school for nutrition and i have YET to hear that one. More food = your body has to maintain homeostasis. More food = More surface area for your digestive enzymes to work on....

I always felt like it SPEEDs up the metabolism, i get hot, sweaty, clammy when i eat a big cheat meal. Never really feel sluggish unless its just TOO much FOOD for the stomach to handle.

I think the slugguinesh is caused by the insulin spike no?
I feel like mike when I eat cheat meals: excessively hot. Nonetheless, when I eat an extremely carb-filled meal (such as a huge bowl of pasta etc) I usually feel very sleepy afterwards, due to insulin spike.

=)

Top Bottom