Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

BluRay pretty much wraps up the format war

HS Lifter said:
With my 360, I cant tell the difference between 1080i and 720p.

Which means I probabaly sure as fuck cant tell between 1080i and 1080p.

There was a big debate over which was better 720p or 1080i back before 1080p tv's became mainstream. To the human eye there was really no difference visually between the two.

1080p is better than both, obviously, but it's only a minimal difference. There's not even any tv stations showing in 1080p. The only benefit at this moment is viewing DVD's.

RG, I would venture that they still manufacture 1080i/720p tv's. I got my 55" LCD for dirt cheap last year since the new trend is now full HD sets.

I'm predicting a new technology to take over within the next 5 years anyways. They already have different methods in the works which combines all the pros of each tv type into one. I shall wait before going Full HD.

alien amp pharm said:
There was a big debate over which was better 720p or 1080i back before 1080p tv's became mainstream. To the human eye there was really no difference visually between the two.

1080p is better than both, obviously, but it's only a minimal difference. There's not even any tv stations showing in 1080p. The only benefit at this moment is viewing DVD's.

RG, I would venture that they still manufacture 1080i/720p tv's. I got my 55" LCD for dirt cheap last year since the new trend is now full HD sets.

I'm predicting a new technology to take over within the next 5 years anyways. They already have different methods in the works which combines all the pros of each tv type into one. I shall wait before going Full HD.

Progressive Scan is a huge benefit for us media providers. Editors who don't have to deal with the annoyance of interlaced video frames (low frame, high frame, etc.). Hence all my output is p. Hence why all digital media comes out in 1080p. Aside from the fact computer screens are progressive. Camera to Computer ingesting becomes seemless.

My friend just shot a film. 1080p. Looks so gorgeous. http://www.ghostmonthmovie.com/

r

alien amp pharm said:
The Bluray displays at retail stores are laughable. I was watching one and it showed a scene in a movie with half of it HD and the other half SD. What was so funny was that the HD side looked good while the SD side was (purposely) exaggerated blurry & grainy. It looked 10 times worst than a VHS tape, lol. It was genius because I bet many people fall for it.

Back to the topic....yes there is only a VERY slight difference in picture quality between my upconvert player and a bluray.
Could you tell the difference between a HD-DVD and a BLURAY visually? Probably not.
Did you also know that the majority of HD-DVD players only put out a 1080i signal? <~~~Which also happens to be what my upconvert dvd player displays! OMG!

I watched the BluRay trailer for Disney's Cars and even in 720p it was obviously high def. I actually felt my pupils dilate at the picture's attractiveness. I put my glasses on to make sure and it was slightly clearer yet.
To each their own.

Razorguns said:
Progressive Scan is a huge benefit for us media providers. Editors who don't have to deal with the annoyance of interlaced video frames (low frame, high frame, etc.). Hence all my output is p. Hence why all digital media comes out in 1080p. Aside from the fact computer screens are progressive. Camera to Computer ingesting becomes seemless.

My friend just shot a film. 1080p. Looks so gorgeous. http://www.ghostmonthmovie.com/

r

Ughhh Quicktime.

Top Bottom