Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Bluegrass Strongman Update, 07-05-04

b fold the truth

Elite Strongman
Platinum
I hope that everyone is excited and ready for this weekend as I'm sure that it will be a great contest.

The awards have been ordered and finalized. Everyone will get an award and the first three places in each weight class and the winner of each division (light, middle, heavy).

A lot of people will be coming in on Friday to weigh in early and we plan to go have dinner at Ryan's Steakhouse that evening around 8:00.

The contest will start at exactly 11:00 on Saturday morning and we will run the rules meeting at 10:30. Last year we began 5 minutes late, I'm hoping to improve on that this year.

Right now we have 25 competitors so we should be able to move through things pretty quickly.

A few quick notes:

When your name is called for an event, you will be given 60 seconds and if you have not began the event, you will not be allowed to. We will move quickly so be prepared.

If you have a fan of some sort, please bring it. We will find a place for you to plug it in to electricity. It WILL be hot and VERY humid on contest day.

Bring extra contest clothes. If it rains, we will still compete. This is Strongman.

Parking will be in a few different places around my house so please be careful. If you drive a truck, please pull behind my house and on the hill. If you are in a car, park on the side of my house or across the street in the lot at my neighbors house. If you are here late...expect to park down the road at a Church and walk. You may only pull into my driveway with your vehicle to load and unload your vehicle. Please be quick so that others can do the same.

We will have water, strawberry Propel water, King Size Snickers and Reese's Cups, etc...

Here is the contest rules (as they are now) in Word Format:
Rules

Here is the most updated entry list that I have:

Women's Light:
Angie Smith

Women's Middle:
Vicki Dupuis
Michelle Wortham
Kim Lindsey

175's
Jason Bever
Vinny Ricigiliano
François Duchesne

200's
Jeff McGuire
Kyle Mask

231's
Martin Wieckowski (need form and fee)
Steve Slemmons (need form and fee)
Shane Solomon
Aaron Snyder
Clint Poore
James Alexander
Jason Acree

265's
Steve Slater
Nathan Ball
Chris Berry
Dave Lemanzyk
Kasey Prather

300's
Tim Ramey
Ryan Brown

SHW's
Jeremy Moore
Anthony Giza

It sure does look like one tough list of competitors here.

Also, I'm still waiting to hear back from a sponsor about a $50 prize being awarded for an extra voluntary event. I have a tire that is 1,000 pounds or better and they were thinking that they would like to see who can flip it for the most flips in 75 seconds. Free to enter, winner takes all. It may be later this week before I know for sure if this will be taking place.

Pics of the contest events as well as us using them in our training on July 4th can be seen here:
http://www.irontrybe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14630

B True

Top Bottom