Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

black friday is arriving early

AAP

Plat Hero
Platinum
Black Friday sales arrive early this year : Gina Hughes : Yahoo! Tech

Buzz up!on Yahoo!These are tough economic times, so retailers are launching their Black Friday specials weeks early to motivate budget-conscious buyers. You can normally find the latest Black Friday ads on sites like BlackFriday.info, Bargainist.com, DealTaker.com, BFads.net, and TheBlackfriday.com, so check those out before you go shopping this weekend, because it looks like retailers are slashing prices early this year.

Here's a list of sales happening right now, just to give you an idea:

Walmart: Starting November 8th, Walmart will have in-store specials starting at 8 am. The retailer will be selling several 15.4-inch Compaq CQ50-139WM laptops for $298, Sony's 2GB Walkman player for $49, Samsung's S760 point-and-shoot digital camera in red for $89, a 46-inch Sanyo 1080p LCD HDTV for $798. Check out the flyer here.

Best Buy will also be marking down the eMachines laptop (eMD620-5777) for $299 according to BFAds.net. The laptop includes a 14.1-inch screen, 1GB DDR2, 160GB hard drive, Windows Vista, and AMD Athlon 2650e processor. The site has a side-by-side comparison of this laptop versus the Compaq notebook being sold at Walmart.

Kmart is offering the 32-inch Sylvania LCD HDTV for $440 and the Wii Fit for $90, according to I4U, and Sears has a lot of sales in the electronics department too, so check those out.

Circuit City will be closing some stores this quarter, so it may be running lots of promotions off and online too. Engadget HD found this Sony Blu-ray player for $177 on its website, so you might want to look around between now and Black Friday for more savings.

lol nimbus

I will stay as far away from any retail establishments as possible this season. although,. my office building is across the parking lot from the mall. which sucks

lol nimbus

I will stay as far away from any retail establishments as possible this season. although,. my office building is across the parking lot from the mall. which sucks

well, that all depends if the food court has chik-fil-a or not

Where you been Homie? I posted up about this coupla days ago.

PS - STAY AWAY FROM WALMART!!! Those bitches are so hard up that it will be a MOTHERFUCKER trying to return anything for any reason. I bought my hubbie one of those digital photo frames. I don't know didddly about high tech stuff so after standing there for like 30 minutes trying to decide I just bought him the biggest, nicest one with the most bells and whistles. Well coupla weeks go by and I noticed that he never opened the box.

"Hunnee, why have you not taken your present out of the box?"

"Well, it wasn't quite what I wanted but I didn't know how to tell you. I thought it would hurt your feelings."

Duh.... men. I could have taken that bitch back (to the tune of near 300$ back the next day if he hadn't strung me along) before. I checked the receipt for the return policy and it said specifically, "No returns on DIGITAL CAMERAS after 30 days."

I had the original receipt and the box hadn't even been opened. And it was a DIGITAL PHOTO FRAME. So I am thinkin - I won't beat hubbie senseless afterall.

So I try to take it back to one Walmart that is only 10 minute drive from the one where I bought it because it was on the way home. They refused it "because I didn't buy it there."

OK....

So I take it back to the one where I bought it. After 30 minutes and 4 different employees the final verdict was, "The receipt clearly states that the entire department will not take back merchandise past 30 days." ... ESPECIALLY for such a high-ticket item.

My answer?

"Excuse me? The reciept most certainly does NOT state anything about the entire department. The writing speaks only to digital cameras. Which would stand to reason. This is a PHOTO FRAME. It is just before Christmas and is the newest model. Tell me you people can't sell this thing in the next couple of weeks?! (It was 30 OCT. I bought the damned thing on 18 SEP)."

They repeated the same bullshit. And added in the whole ...."especially for such a high ticket item" crap.

So I said, "You know, if somebody has the money to lay down near 300$ for what was pretty much an impulse buy wouldn't you be a bit better about customer service as that would mean that the same person most likely spends a WHOLE LOT MORE on items of necessity?"

No answer.

So then I said, "Let me speak to YOUR superior."

The answer? "He's not in right now."

I will never ever EVER shop at WALMART again. For every WALMART there is a Target a few hundred feet down the road and their merchandise is much nicer.

Bottom line is I wouldn't even THINK to buy a holiday present at WALMART. Think about the bullshit hassles you will have to go through if anyone wants to return something!

Caveat emptor

i dont think they have chik-fil-a out here. besides, Ive only been there once (Silver Spring) and it was meh.

are you kidding me? waffle fries? polynesian sauce? best nuggets EVER?

lol i bet you ate some classless meals at Jerry's instead

they have a nice laptop, 4gigs for $299 on sale. I might snag that for my little neighbor for Xmas.

our walmart here near our house is ghetto!! you see people stealing shit all the time, got to make sure you lock your car also

Top Bottom