Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Birth Control

BOOEY

Banned
Sorry, don't know where else to post this!

My wife is taking a birth control (it's the only one she's ever used) called Yasmin (sp?). She's been taking it for about a year and she's been having mood swings ever since. We're almost positive it's from the birth control. She'll either cry or yell over meaningless things. In any event, she was never like this before.

Do all birth controls have this type of effect on a woman? Only certain types? What do you recommend she do in this instance? She doesn't want to go off birth control altogether, because she had irregular periods before going on it, and birth control has helped her periods occur on schedule. However, she is open to changing brands, or even types.

Thanks!

I have heard good and bad things about Yas. Some women have great luck on it, others don't. And it seems those that have bad luck on it, have BAAADDDD luck on it! :(

BC is so individual - it often takes going through MANY different kinds to find the one that FITS a person's individual chemistry.

That said, I had good luck with Loestrin Fe, a lower estro BCP. Maybe also look into an IUD? Mirena is a hormonal IUD, but low dose. I almost had it installed (lol) after 1st baby was born.

I loved it! BUT if it is not working with her have her tell her Dr. and they will switch it. Pills affect all women differently. But there is more then one. Like Alyesse....She might like that one

Daisy_Girl said:
I have heard good and bad things about Yas. Some women have great luck on it, others don't. And it seems those that have bad luck on it, have BAAADDDD luck on it! :(

BC is so individual - it often takes going through MANY different kinds to find the one that FITS a person's individual chemistry.

That said, I had good luck with Loestrin Fe, a lower estro BCP. Maybe also look into an IUD? Mirena is a hormonal IUD, but low dose. I almost had it installed (lol) after 1st baby was born.

How effective is IUD? Compared to the pill?

IUD is more effective because there can be no "user error".

Pill in 99% effective only IF TAKEN AT THE EXACT SAME TIME EVERY DAY. If not taken at the same time every day, reliability of the pill drops - often dramatically, esp with the lower dose pills.

BOOEY said:
Sorry, don't know where else to post this!

My wife is taking a birth control (it's the only one she's ever used) called Yasmin (sp?). She's been taking it for about a year and she's been having mood swings ever since. We're almost positive it's from the birth control. She'll either cry or yell over meaningless things. In any event, she was never like this before.

Thanks!

I took Yasmin and I was the very same way - I was absolute hysterical one minute, then happy, angry, depressed and I gained some 12 lbs in two weeks (I had never gained weight water or otherwise on BC before).

When the doctor told me to stick it out for four months I went ballistic on him on the phone and in person until he gave me a new script. (It was horribly embarrassing and it feels terrible to be so out of control like that)

Have her switch to something else - it's so hard to find the right one it's trial and error to get something that works well with your hormonal levels.

Mircette and Demulen (this one is a kinda high dose so I wouldn't really recommend it unless really needed) worked well for me and after a few months on my period is pretty much non existent.

Good Luck.

Tell her she's not nuts it really can happen.

Daisy_Girl said:
Maybe also look into an IUD? Mirena is a hormonal IUD, but low dose. I almost had it installed (lol) after 1st baby was born.
This is what I want to do in the next few months.

velvett said:
I took Yasmin and I was the very same way - I was absolute hysterical one minute, then happy, angry, depressed and I gained some 12 lbs in two weeks (I had never gained weight water or otherwise on BC before).

When the doctor told me to stick it out for four months I went ballistic on him on the phone and in person until he gave me a new script. (It was horribly embarrassing and it feels terrible to be so out of control like that)

Have her switch to something else - it's so hard to find the right one it's trial and error to get something that works well with your hormonal levels.

Mircette and Demulen (this one is a kinda high dose so I wouldn't really recommend it unless really needed) worked well for me and after a few months on my period is pretty much non existent.

Good Luck.

Tell her she's not nuts it really can happen.

same thing happened to me (yas). Plus I bled for two months straight, not to mention the weight gain

it was awful

Becuase of that i have not been on birth control ever again. Some of us just cant handle it i guess. Not pregnant yet! ha

Top Bottom