Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Binge Eating

Rebellifter-Awesome. I'm glad this thread has helped you out some. Good luck beating the problem.

Bobarell-If you concentrate your energy into something positive, like focusing on your workouts and diet, then that's great. You can focus on accomplishing your goals in building your body, and in turn it will help you in life. Using your time in the gym as an escape from life's pressures and problems is good therapy. Good job and keep it up.

lemme add a depressing fact to this thread. Binge eating is an eating disorder called Bulimia Nervosa and is known to be mainly genetic and hormonal.

Binge eating is an eating disorder called Bulimia Nervosa and is known to be mainly genetic and hormonal.

Actually, binge eating is usually known as compulsive over eating (COE) while bulimia is binge eating followed by some form of purging. FYI.

IMHO, eating disorders are not mainly genetic and hormonal, but mainly a symptom of psychological problems.

Snappy hit it right: Bulimia Nervosa is Binge eating followed by purging (laxatives, diruretics, induced vomiting). It is usually cycles of normal to low calorie eating followed by a binge and purge session. Binge eating usually occurs after days to weeks of low calorie eating, but there is no attempt to purge. People often use eating disorders as a way to try to control something in their life. It's a pretty deep issue. Bulimics and Binge eaters are usually of normal weight and size, too, unlike anorexics. No matter what method of purging they use, alotta that food is getting absorbed. So they stay the same or gain weight, then try to diet again and, well, repeat the cycle.

I had this problem and it severely affected my life. I was on the verge of becoming bulimic.
If I ate a piece of a non-bbing food, I would go on an all out binge and would feel like absolute crap afterwrads, depressed and hating myself.

My only solution to the problem was not to put any of these foods in my mouth, and it was quite an extreme one too; I haven't had one cheat meal since Dec. 2000. It's true.

I had to put all my energy on my willpower in order not to be tempted and resist the urge to binge again. At first, it was very hard, but then became easier and easier.

Today I'm not even tempted by junk food, dessert or anything different than chicken breasts, tuna and other bbing foods.

I still believe I need to overcome this situation by being able to eat a cheat meal without going insane and getting depressed.

Hopefully soon.

lemme add a depressing fact to this thread. Binge eating is an eating disorder called Bulimia Nervosa and is known to be mainly genetic and hormonal.

Sorry but this hits too close to home.

Although, certain personality traits (e.g. perfectionism, addictive personality etc.) may make a person more likely to suffer from binge eating, it is NOT genetic or hormonal. I recovered by understanding and changing the source of the problem. I didn't have to take medication.

:mad:

no..

Binge eating and bulimia are two different disorders. A bulimic person purges the binge, a binge eater does not.

littlesurfer said:

Although, certain personality traits (e.g. perfectionism, addictive personality etc.) may make a person more likely to suffer from binge eating, it is NOT genetic or hormonal. I recovered by understanding and changing the source of the problem. I didn't have to take medication.

actually there is a strong degree of hormones and genetics involved. Not 100%, and it can be overcomed, but there is certainly other factors causing the stressors, or in this case the disorder.

Read up a bit on the hormone insulin, for example, and you'll understand a little bit more.

littlesurfer said:

One often doesn't have to take medication to beat this problem. Therapy and, like you said, understandment of the problem are very important.

actually there is a strong degree of hormones and genetics involved

Could you please explain your reasoning for this?

My reason for believing that binge eating is not genetic or hormonal is that I only needed to change my external circumstances to recover. I didn't have to control my suger intake or take medication. Infact, just the opposite, I stopped depriving myself from food.

However, this may not be the case is all circumstances, and I am interested to hear your explanation of how binge eating is related to hormones and genetics.

Top Bottom