Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Biking vs. Treadmill vs. Elliptical...

PsychoSkitz

Do any of these benefit you, in terms of fat-loss, more than the others?

Or is it all determined by your intensity?

I prefer running, and the elliptical is a close second. I feel like my heart rate gets up higher when i run, even thow the calerie reading on the elliptical is typically higher.

I think my body has gotten used to the elliptical or something. I sweat a lot more when I ride the bike. Weird, huh? Maybe cause it is a change. (besides bouncing around a lot hurts my boobies :D)

Star

yeah i myself prefer running but the elliptical does seem to burn more calories. Biking is too boring.

~WizKid :kaioken:

I think it depends on the one you can stand to do. I hate to run, but I really like the elliptical. On the other hand, I can read on the bike (and no, I'm not loping along at 5 mph)

I usually split it up, and I do the elliptical on the highest incline.

a calorie burned is a calorie burned, doens't matter if its done on a bike or treadmill or dancing around your livingroom... its all about how much effort you put into it... (some people can burn more calories gardening than others do riding a bike)

do something that interests you... your body will adapt to doing certain activities and become more efficent at doing them, thus burning fewer calories, so keep some variety in the mix

hi,

i love the elliptical runner i burn the most kcals on it i use a polar watch with a strap....??? running is good also but i still burn more kcals according to my watch

:devil:dave

I can't run.....boobies are too big :( . I will stick with switching between the bike and elliptical. Wish I could run though.

Star

Last edited:
Nah, I have learned to wear baggy shorts and T-shirts so no one looks at me. I hate people to stare when I am working out. Gives me the willy's and makes me self conscious. But every now and thennnn I gotta let it all hang out...:D

Star xoxoxoxo

Top Bottom