Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply US-PHARMACIES UGL OZ
Raptor Labs UGFREAK OxygenPharm
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplyUS-PHARMACIES UGL OZUGFREAKRaptor LabsOxygenPharm

Best "study aid" compound?

KOArtist

New member
I was wondering, since I'm taking the bar exam soon, and I also saw a news piece on it, what are the best "academic steroids" (as the news called them)??? Ritalin?
 
Last edited:
I discovered a good study aid during my last semester. I used pictures of beautiful women (read naked) for my book markers.

Straight A's and B's.


Nothing to do with the bar exam but it may help some young bucks.
 
adderall

turns mortals into gods

but these arent really good options for studying - should have known the material in the first place.
 
I know the shit pretty good, and got some Neurogenex on the way already, I just wanna make damn sure. Shit costed way too much to ever have to take it again. I want ultimate "white light" focus, lol.
 
Caffeine is good for staying awake...not for absorbing material
 
KOArtist said:
I know the shit pretty good, and got some Neurogenex on the way already, I just wanna make damn sure. Shit costed way too much to ever have to take it again. I want ultimate "white light" focus, lol.


Piracetam


exactly
 
thx everybody for the help. Looks like Neurogenex/Piracetam/Adderall would make me a goddamn genius, lol. late
 
Took 20mg addy, opened my Astronomy book 30 minutes later and read 200 pages. Never so fascinated with a subject I could really give two shits about.
 
KOArtist said:
thx everybody for the help. Looks like Neurogenex/Piracetam/Adderall would make me a goddamn genius, lol. late


Is it just me? Or when you read a post like this you think, "Holy shitballs, this guy has about a 71% chance of taking a dirtnap while studying!"

LMAO i can't wait to read about this in the papers
 
cornfish said:
Is it just me? Or when you read a post like this you think, "Holy shitballs, this guy has about a 71% chance of taking a dirtnap while studying!"

LMAO i can't wait to read about this in the papers

Those compounds can all be combined safely.
 
I like piracetam, but it's more of a supplement than a drug. Effects are not pronounced, but it is supposed to help with memory recall (where something like desmopressin helps with memory encoding (also a good 'smart drug', but expensive and only available overseas)).

Adderall is a racemic mixture of four amphetamine salts. It is a drug. You will feel it. It is prescription only, and widely used on campuses throughout the nation. It's also highly illegal -- schedule 2 controlled substance -- so if you don't have a script, you may end up finding out about a part of the legal system you didn't want to know at the moment.

I would personally vouch for piracetam or its stronger analogues, desmopressin (especially for loooong standardized tests), and adderall/ritalin (whichever you might be prescribed and are 'comfortable' with in studying). BE FAMILIAR WITH A DRUG BEFORE ENTERING AN EXAM. This is of paramount importance. Don't take a handful of Adderall for the first time before the bar or LSAT or anything. I also wouldn't personally recommend any pre-combined nootropic combinations. Many of the better ones are not available in the US.



:cow:
 
I dont know if I can post this here but I get mine from bulknutrition.com. Buy it in bulk and cap my own.
 
Fajitas said:
I dont know if I can post this here but I get mine from bulknutrition.com. Buy it in bulk and cap my own.
how does it work for you. be honest in your assessment please because Ive taken neurogenex with no effect at all.
 
methylphenidate/concerta - need a script, same with adderall...I'll assume adderall is way better since it is an amphetamine stack

and yeah, definitely give it a test fire

tomorrow I'm writing an exam on EC stacks...won't do much other than keeping me awake/alert/happy :D

lol I wonder how people will fare on meth
 
Lumberg said:
mke sure you take whatever both while studying and for the test. state learning.

I realized this when I used to kick back a beer or 2 when studying... There's nothing like slamming a beer before a test to get back into that state of mind... Needless to say, I don't do that anymore....
 
Fajitas said:
I dont know if I can post this here but I get mine from bulknutrition.com. Buy it in bulk and cap my own.


I began doing the same thing last semester. The name brand stuff from Europe was getting too pricey.

Haven't used the bulk under similar conditions yet, so I couldn't compare.


:cow:
 
superdave said:
how does it work for you. be honest in your assessment please because Ive taken neurogenex with no effect at all.


What kind of "effect" are you looking for? You won't feel anything when taking nootropics. I don't care what anyone selling products tells you, you won't feel anything, nor will you feel smarter.

Nootropics are a grey area because, for the most part, the effects are primarily long-term and difficult to seperate from that of placebo. Most do not have any 'drug' effect, save desmopressin and a couple others.




:cow:
 
beefcake28 said:
I realized this when I used to kick back a beer or 2 when studying... There's nothing like slamming a beer before a test to get back into that state of mind... Needless to say, I don't do that anymore....

smart man
 
samoth said:
What kind of "effect" are you looking for? You won't feel anything when taking nootropics. I don't care what anyone selling products tells you, you won't feel anything, nor will you feel smarter.

:cow:

gotta disagree with you there. when i take l-tyrosine, the improvement in mental acuity/focus, short-term memory and creativity is definately noticable. try 500 to 1,000 mg on an empty stomach.
 
Mavafanculo said:
the improvement in mental acuity/focus, short-term memory and creativity is definately noticable.


Unless you can show me some peer-reviewed journals or studies (how does one 'test' whether a smart drug works or not?), I'd classify it as a placebo effect.

But if it seems to work well for you, more power to you!




:cow:
 
samoth said:
Unless you can show me some peer-reviewed journals or studies (how does one 'test' whether a smart drug works or not?), I'd classify it as a placebo effect.

But if it seems to work well for you, more power to you!

:cow:

a) absence of proof isnt proof of absence - while there are lots of studies supporting tyrosine as a cognition & concentration enhancer, keep in mind that its a non-patentable substance so its not in anyone's financial interest to fund large-scale expensive studies that will only draw customers away from expensive prescription drugs (current or future). Else there would be many more.

b) from my own use during my software development days, there's a definite effect. how do you test? either the magic works and you solve the formula, close the logic loop, unify the threads or you don't. the magical epiphanies happened better and faster and more often with tyrosine than without.

c) here's a bunch of studies

http://au.health.yahoo.com/041101/25/1uk1.html?r=967507465
REFERENCE: Thomas JR et al. Tyrosine improves working memory in a multitasking environment. Pharmacol Biochem Behav 1999 Nov;64(3):495-500
----------------------------------------------------------
Aviat Space Environ Med 1995 Apr;66
The effects of tyrosine on cognitive performance during extended wakefulness.
Neri DF et al.
Tyrosine, a large neutral amino acid found in dietary proteins, has received recent attention as a potential treatment for stress. The behavioral effects of tyrosine were examined during an episode of continuous nighttime work involving one night's sleep loss. Subjects performed nine iterations of a battery of performance tasks and mood scales for approximately 13 h, beginning at 1930 and ending at 0820. They remained awake throughout the day on which the experiment began and were awake for more than 24 h by the end of testing. Six hours after the experiment began, one-half of the subjects received 150 mg.kg-1 tyrosine in a split dose while the other half received cornstarch placebo in a double-blind procedure. Tyrosine administration was associated with a significant amelioration of the usual performance decline on a psychomotor task and a significant reduction in lapse probability on a high-event-rate vigilance task. The improvements lasted on the order of 3 h.
------------------------------------
Mil Med 1989 Mar;154(3):144-6
Dietary tyrosine as an aid to stress resistance among troops.
In past conflicts battle stress casualties have caused a serious exit of troops from the frontlines. Recent research has linked stress-caused impairments of performance with depletion of brain stores of the neurotransmitter norepinephrine (NE), which functions in neural tracts responding to stress. The amino acid tyrosine (TYR) is the dietary precursor for NE, and supplementation with TYR has been demonstrated in the laboratory to alleviate declines in both neural NE and performance during stress. Thus, TYR supplementation might help to prevent and treat stress casualties in combat. Further research is called for to verify this hypothesis.
-------------------------------------------------------
Brain Res Bull 1989 Apr;22(4):759-62
Treatment with tyrosine, a neurotransmitter precursor, reduces environmental stress in humans.
Banderet LE et al.
Acutely stressful situations can disrupt behavior and deplete brain norepinephrine and dopamine, catecholaminergic neurotransmitters. In animals, administration of tyrosine, a food constituent and precursor of the catecholamines, reduces these behavioral and neurochemical deficits. Using a double-blind, placebo-controlled crossover design we investigated whether tyrosine (100 mg/kg) would protect humans from some of the adverse consequences of a 4.5 hour exposure to cold and hypoxia. Tyrosine significantly decreased symptoms, adverse moods, and performance impairments in subjects who exhibited average or greater responses to these environmental conditions. These results suggest that tyrosine should be evaluated in a variety of acutely stressful situations.
---------------------------------------------------
Improves cognitive performance under stressful conditions. A study looking at the effects of the amino acid tyrosine on cognitive task performance found that supplementation with tyrosine may, under operational circumstances characterized by psychosocial and physical stress, reduce the effects of stress and fatigue on cognitive task performance.13 Another study found that tyrosine supplementation may sustain working memory when competing requirements to perform other tasks simultaneously degrade performance, and that supplemental tyrosine may be appropriate for maintaining performance when mild to severe decrements are anticipated.14,15
13. Deijen JB, Wientjes CJ, Vullinghs HF et al. Tyrosine improves cognitive performance and reduces blood pressure in cadets after one week of a combat training course. Brain Res Bull 1999 Jan 15;48(2):203-9.
14. Thomas JR, Lockwood PA, Singh A, et al. Tyrosine improves working memory in a multitasking environment. Pharmacol Biochem Behav 1999 Nov;64(3):495-500.
15. Shukitt-Hale B, Stillman MJ, Lieberman HR. Tyrosine administration prevents hypoxia-induced decrements in learning and memory. Physiol Behav 1996 Apr-May;59(4-5):867-71.
16. Lehnert H, Wurtman RJ. Amino acid control of neurotransmitter synthesis and release: physiological and clinical implications. Psychotherapy and Psychosomatics 1993, 60:18-32.
 
samoth said:
BE FAMILIAR WITH A DRUG BEFORE ENTERING AN EXAM. This is of paramount importance. Don't take a handful of Adderall for the first time before the bar or LSAT or anything.

beefcake28 said:
I realized this when I used to kick back a beer or 2 when studying... There's nothing like slamming a beer before a test to get back into that state of mind...

It has been shown that you will perform best if you take the exam under the same conditions as you study. ie if you take something an hour before you study- take it an hour before the test. or if you know you will be in a bright room sitting at a desk, study in a bright room at a desk...

Dont fuck around and experiment shit the day of the test. Do what you do when you study the same way.
 
Testosterone boy said:
I discovered a good study aid during my last semester. I used pictures of beautiful women (read naked) for my book markers.

Straight A's and B's.


Nothing to do with the bar exam but it may help some young bucks.
I used a similar technique with pictures of beuatiful woman on the refridgerator
 
KOArtist said:
I was wondering, since I'm taking the bar exam soon, and I also saw a news piece on it, what are the best "academic steroids" (as the news called them)??? Ritalin?

I'll vouche for the fact that before I graduated people were popping Adderralls like they were Mentos. I never bothered as I had discovered a secret formula that seems to be completely lost on everyone. Maybe it's just a personal thing.

Two steps:

1. Get plenty of sleep. Never cram at the expense of sleep. A full nights rest and the power to think with a sharp mind is a lot more useful than anything you'll get from running yourself into the ground and showing up exhausted with a head full of amphetimines.

2. Eat. Never, I repeat Never walk into a test hungry. If I am doing anything and my stomach starts growling I am done.
 
Choline chloride,

twin labs makes a powder, choline cocktail, it just kicks ass.
 
samoth said:
What kind of "effect" are you looking for? You won't feel anything when taking nootropics. I don't care what anyone selling products tells you, you won't feel anything, nor will you feel smarter.

Nootropics are a grey area because, for the most part, the effects are primarily long-term and difficult to seperate from that of placebo. Most do not have any 'drug' effect, save desmopressin and a couple others.




:cow:
better memory retention
 
I don't agree with "state dependant" theory either
I remember once cramming for a statistics exam
it got late and I was thinking "fuck it" that's it
then I got stoned and for the hell of it I returned to the studies
really started to absorb well and shit was falling into place
for the exam I went in normal and did fine
 
I like to copy pages of the material I'm studying and put the pages in the food processor with the shred blade. Once the paper is ground up fine I snort it.
 
Raina said:
I like to copy pages of the material I'm studying and put the pages in the food processor with the shred blade. Once the paper is ground up fine I snort it.

and how's that working for ya?? :p
 
Top Bottom