Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply US-PHARMACIES UGL OZ
Raptor Labs UGFREAK OxygenPharm
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplyUS-PHARMACIES UGL OZUGFREAKRaptor LabsOxygenPharm

Best Places to Live

mylife

New member
Best Places to Live - RealEstateJournal

Here were my results. Unfortunately the quiz doesn't take into account the archetypical citizen of these cities. ie Boston, way too many irish people and Long Island, worst people on earth. ;) The 1st number is the rank, second is percentage match, and third is population.

1 100 San Francisco, CA 1,655,454
2 91 Boston, MA-NH-ME 3,263,060
3 87 Long Island, NY 2,660,285
4 85 Los Angeles-Long Beach, CA 9,127,751
5 84 Washington, DC-MD-VA-WV 4,563,123
6 83 New York, NY 8,643,437
7 81 Chicago, IL 7,733,876
8 79 Seattle-Bellevue-Everett, WA 2,234,707
9 79 Oakland, CA 2,209,629
10 78 Bergen-Passaic, NJ 1,311,331
 
It also doesn't consider cost of living judging from the majority of those entries. Seems like a pretty mainstream, conservative, and unoriginal list to me. I can think of plenty of better places to live.
 
slickdadd said:
It also doesn't consider cost of living judging from the majority of those entries. Seems like a pretty mainstream, conservative, and unoriginal list to me. I can think of plenty of better places to live.

It does take into account cost of living. You can assess weight to each criterion. Try it, you may be surprised.
 
Those are all major metropolitan areas for the most part, with very high costs of living. It clearly doesn't put much weight on cost of living, which is a very high priority for most people when considering a "best place" to live. While I might agree the bay area is one of the best places to live in the country despite it's astronomical costs, a lot of the others I can't say the same for.
 
Seattle sucks ass big time, I just moved from there, you cant drive anywhere, the city planning is a liberal retardville, they cant get anything right. I mean they couldnt even pass a vote to support our troops. And the traffic is gridlock and 30 years behind the population growth with no new construction, the cost of a house is unimaginable, it sux
 
slickdadd said:
Those are all major metropolitan areas for the most part, with very high costs of living. It clearly doesn't put much weight on cost of living, which is a very high priority for most people when considering a "best place" to live. While I might agree the bay area is one of the best places to live in the country despite it's astronomical costs, a lot of the others I can't say the same for.


ugh, like i said, you choose the weight of each different criteria on a 1-10 scale. obviously you haven't even looked at the quiz because it's tailored to each person's individual preferences.
 
mylife said:
vancouver would be uber awesome if it weren't for those dastardly tax rates.

if i lived outside the US i'd pick either vancouver, buenos aires, spain, or possibly costa rica.

I lived in Chilliwack B.C as a kid and it was very nice there. More rain than usual but awesome view with the rocky mountains not far away.
 
mylife said:
ugh, like i said, you choose the weight of each different criteria on a 1-10 scale. obviously you haven't even looked at the quiz because it's tailored to each person's individual preferences.

oh.....didn't realize it was a quiz. Thought it was published. My bad.
 
Went to Dublin in Ireland for a few days this summer. By the end of the third day I was so sick of people bumping into me, crap service, no taxis, poor directions, and nothing to do that I said "I'M SICK OF THIS DUMP"!!! Then, I read in a magazine recently that its in the top 5 of European City Break destinations!!! WTF!
 
Sooo glad to see Salt Lake isn't on there. Fucking awful unless you love the outdoors and hate cultural diversity. Um... Curling?
 
Boston does not have too many irish people, lol.... thats only like part of the south end bro... i love it here!
 
Central Illinois, not the town, but the very middle of IL. After that, Newport Beach

Whiskey
 
wow... sf is number one? That place is a sh*thole. 4 people tried to rob me in 1 weekend there... staying at a 5 star hotel too... too many bums as well.
 
In the US, I have to go with Calfornia because of the weather and beautiful beaches. If you don't believe in God and you look out at the pacific ocean as the sun falls below the horizon, you might change your mind.
 
slickdadd said:
It also doesn't consider cost of living judging from the majority of those entries. Seems like a pretty mainstream, conservative, and unoriginal list to me. I can think of plenty of better places to live.
Put down the crackpipe bor. Thats a top ten list of Liberal cities.
 
"bergen/passais counties".....


thats where I live...aint nothing special about it here...how the hell did that make the list?
 
biteme said:
In the US, I have to go with Calfornia because of the weather and beautiful beaches. If you don't believe in God and you look out at the pacific ocean as the sun falls below the horizon, you might change your mind.
i've lived in Cali all my life and that's never worked for me
 
Lestat said:
i've lived in Cali all my life and that's never worked for me

That's because there is no God. You are fuc***. Now, carry on.
 
1 Boston, MA-NH-ME 3,263,060
2 95 Long Island, NY 2,660,285
3 95 New York, NY 8,643,437
4 93 Washington, DC-MD-VA-WV 4,563,123
5 89 San Francisco, CA

I'm not surprised.
 
Top Bottom