Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Best over all back exercise???

There isn't a "one best", as far as exercises for back are concerned. There are just too many muscle groupings in the Back for only one lift to be considered the most effective. That being said, if I were in prison and had 30 minutes to get a rotuine in that day, I'd do Deads, assuming I could only get in that one lift, hypothetically(knock on wood). Reason being, is because Deads target the most muscles in the Back area of any other exercise. That does not mean it effectively targets them all though. Again, to get a decent back workout while doing extreme-minimal exercises, you would still need to add another lift to hit the lats more directly in my opinion, to top off the back routine. Pulls to the front, or reverse-grip pulls would be my choice, assuming I could only add that one additional exercise to the rotuine. Even though Deads RULE for Back, they don't target the lats as much as pulldowns(or other lifts) would. They are mainly a spinal erector lift, as far as the Back is concerned. Traps are included of course, as well as lower back in the erector category. Assuming by "middle-back" you meant the muscles running verically from Neck to Ass, then Deads are what you want to focus on brother. Hope that helped.

Last edited:
That's a tough call between deads, GMs, and heavy rows.

You know me...gonna have to go with deadlifts. You can widden the grip to hit the lats more if you want too. :)

Deadlifts and and heavy rows (barbell, Db, hammer strenght)

i gained about 10 pound in one month just from adding deads to my routine. and a hell of alot of weight on my squat :)

Top Bottom