Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply US-PHARMACIES UGL OZ
Raptor Labs UGFREAK OxygenPharm
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplyUS-PHARMACIES UGL OZUGFREAKRaptor LabsOxygenPharm

Best Dj's in the world

Danny Howells = #1 IMO.

Diverse. Quality. Marathon Sets.

deepsexyfuturistictechfunkhouse is where its at.

All the top rated DJ's = cheese.
 
Buncha druggies.

The Monacle said:
R.A.W.
DJ 3D
Aphrodite
AK 1200
Ron D. Core
Delta 9

Aphrodite played at my bar a few years ago. I couldn't tell the difference between his set and the series of local kids who went on before him.

Techno = teh suck. You wanna be musically creative? Learn an instrument.
 
Mr. dB said:
Buncha druggies.



Aphrodite played at my bar a few years ago. I couldn't tell the difference between his set and the series of local kids who went on before him.

Techno = teh suck. You wanna be musically creative? Learn an instrument.


:rolleyes:
 
Mr. dB said:
Buncha druggies.



Aphrodite played at my bar a few years ago. I couldn't tell the difference between his set and the series of local kids who went on before him.

Techno = teh suck. You wanna be musically creative? Learn an instrument.
he drops some awesome drum and bass tracks, I know you don't like D&B so I'll leave it at that.
 
oakenfold is good,alot of people say he is over rated but i like him,tiesto does some good remixes but thats about it imo.

other good dj's i like are felix the housecat,dj z-trip,dj danny d,ferry costen,and arman van helden
 
are we talking about listening to trax and music producing?

or actually going to the event and listening to the DJ throw down a set?
 
Dunk said:
are we talking about listening to trax and music producing?

or actually going to the event and listening to the DJ throw down a set?


im talking trax and producing,i havent saw any live.

ill also add a few to my list, dj lev,deepdish,mj cole
 
I've seen all the DJ's I listed live, including most that everyone has listed (but I'm not much of a house fan ,except when on E).

I think you'd have to inlcude producing tracks, laying down a mix on cd, and live performaces on this one.
 
i heard oakenfold a few years ago on ktu 103.5 spinning and usually most of the dj's suck but when i tuned in, i thought to myself, "this guy is good," so i've been downloading his music since then.

Anybody heard of Pacha or been to it in NYC??? Erik Morillo http://www.pachanyc.com/
 
Dunk said:
Its the old Sound Factory. Same old shit without the upstairs. Place is a drug den.

Allthough Morillo can jam so thats the only positive.


I saw Morillo down in SoBe back in September. I'd never heard him live before that, it was pretty damn good.
 
Apexx said:
I saw Morillo down in SoBe back in September. I'd never heard him live before that, it was pretty damn good.

Oh hell yeah bro.

Im actually hitting up Pacha Feb 4th for Morillo.

If you havent heard Danny Howells spin yet. DO SO.
 
Daniele Mondello (Italy) he is a hardstyle dj and his turntable skills are so good .... haven't met anybody in the US that likes harstyle though. I have been to a club where they played the most horrible hardstyle techno like music but that doens't come near the European quality :)
 
MR Pink said:
Daniele Mondello (Italy) he is a hardstyle dj and his turntable skills are so good .... haven't met anybody in the US that likes harstyle though. I have been to a club where they played the most horrible hardstyle techno like music but that doens't come near the European quality :)
is "hardstyle" anything like hardcore, gabber or rotterdam?
 
CamelToe said:
is "hardstyle" anything like hardcore, gabber or rotterdam?

No that's hardcore and it almost died out, I liked it back in the day... I think it's comming back again though. The bass is kind off the same but a lot less bpm's. It's funny that you know what gabber/rotterdam is, I liked lenny D a lot when I was into it Rob G was also ok ...both from the US

you can download some live sets on danielemondello.com if you're curious
 
MR Pink said:
Daniele Mondello (Italy) he is a hardstyle dj and his turntable skills are so good .... haven't met anybody in the US that likes harstyle though. I have been to a club where they played the most horrible hardstyle techno like music but that doens't come near the European quality :)

Ever hear a set of Mauro Picotto?
 
MR Pink said:
No that's hardcore and it almost died out, I liked it back in the day... I think it's comming back again though. The bass is kind off the same but a lot less bpm's. It's funny that you know what gabber/rotterdam is, I liked lenny D a lot when I was into it Rob G was also ok ...both from the US

you can download some live sets on danielemondello.com if you're curious
I used to be a big gabber, hardcore/terrorcore head, I kind of grew out of it when I stopped doing acid and it got way too fast and furious (pardon the pun to that aweful movie). I then moved on to drum and bass.
 
Dunk said:
Ever hear a set of Mauro Picotto?

Yes ... but not recently he knows a thing or two about spinning records :) ... I have been to a lot of parties where he spinned ...I still think the cd with komodo on it is his best ....can't come up with the name right now
 
I find tiesto has a lot of ups and downs. If you can get your hands on him live at energy 2000 thats a good'un, some really good tracks but some not so good ones every now and again as well unfortunately. His version of Barbers Adagio for strings is my fav club track ever, whenever I put it on its like I've forgotten how good it is.

Saw Tiesto and Ferry Corsten in Ibiza along with a load of others and can honestly say I thought that I thought he sucked, or at least his choice of tracks was bad. Oakenfold has some good tracks but have only heard one or two full sets. Judge Jules in Ibiza was one of the best nights although I think Tiesto just edged it.
 
CamelToe said:
he drops some awesome drum and bass tracks, I know you don't like D&B so I'll leave it at that.

I wouldn't know D&B from Jungle from House from Acid House from Techno from Trance from whatever other microscopically different sub-sub-genre is popular this week, it all sounds like untz-untz-untz-untz-untz-untz-untz-untz to me. The image of some dork behind a DJ coffin pumping his fist in the air after building up to some pre-fab "climax" while a crowd of idiots rolling there asses off, smelling of Vick's Vap-O-Rub and dancing with glowsticks cheers him on, makes me want to vomit.
 
BT should be WAY higher up. And no way DeepDish is above Oakey. What does DD have other than fuckn flash dance? Oakey has too many good tracks to list.
 
Mr. dB said:
I wouldn't know D&B from Jungle from House from Acid House from Techno from Trance from whatever other microscopically different sub-sub-genre is popular this week, it all sounds like untz-untz-untz-untz-untz-untz-untz-untz to me. The image of some dork behind a DJ coffin pumping his fist in the air after building up to some pre-fab "climax" while a crowd of idiots rolling there asses off, smelling of Vick's Vap-O-Rub and dancing with glowsticks cheers him on, makes me want to vomit.
That sounds an awful lot like the people that mockingly bang their head and make "rock and roll" horns with their hands any time any type of rock is playing. Whether it's something that merrits it, like Pantera, or something that doesn't like Oasis or Chumba Wumba. They don't know the difference either.
 
Best is Jazzy Jeff. techno/house Djs are just overpaid jukebox IMHO. They mix records together which isnt that hard to do. people say they're among the best cause of their record deals/production/remix they do on the side. Even Armand Van Helden admitted himself that if it wasnt for his remix, he' still be a nobody.
 
250px-Rainier.jpg


"Perhaps you are all homosexuals!"
 
its because hes been around for ages, appeals to the newbies as well as the oldschoolers, mixes his own music in quantity then splices it together on the decks well, goes for a lot of melodic trance that you dont have to be high to enjoy and that appeals to the girls as well as the guys, and also, his live sets go off in real life...it adds to his allure

of all the djs listed above (except perhaps atb, who hasnt been mentioned) tiesto consistently comes up with stuff that i like. oakenfold is alright as well, but his sound doesnt appeal as much unless im in the mood

itll probably all sour if i meet them though...i usually cant stand djs because they have a god complex in the clubs, and i hate pretentious people
 
oakenfold can't even mix......

best is a subjective term when it comes to DJ's, but the one's i respect the most are;

Richie hawtin
carl cox
danny tenaglia
Ben Sims
Laurent Garnier
Lucien Foort

they always rock the party
 
fistfullofsteel said:
he can too, what you talking about?

he is a terrible beat mixer......he is always out with his mixing.......i've even heard him just fade tracks out because his mixing is so bad.
 
Guys Im gnna upload "remember" by BT feat. Jan Johnston and rmxed by Benz & MD. This track is off the HOOK.
 
vinylgroover said:
oakenfold can't even mix......

best is a subjective term when it comes to DJ's, but the one's i respect the most are;

Richie hawtin
carl cox
danny tenaglia
Ben Sims
Laurent Garnier
Lucien Foort

they always rock the party

egg fuggin zackly!

Steve Lawler
James Holden
Donald Glaude (Heard him spin at Avalon. Hes insane)
Mauro Picotto

Yo vinyl your from around the NYC area right? If you are I want you to check out next time Danny Howells is at Spirit NYC. Most versataille dj in the game. used to have a residency at Arc/Vinyl (rip). My #1 hands down. Marathon sets. Im talkin 12-8 kinda shit. Im there from open to close. When this nigga is in town. Im there. Check out his website for scheduling dates and shit.
 
the dj's you are mentioning are on the list too, so it's not like you are mentioning total nobody's. we are all going to have personal favs naturally.
 
Dunk said:
egg fuggin zackly!

Steve Lawler
James Holden
Donald Glaude (Heard him spin at Avalon. Hes insane)
Mauro Picotto

Yo vinyl your from around the NYC area right? If you are I want you to check out next time Danny Howells is at Spirit NYC. Most versataille dj in the game. used to have a residency at Arc/Vinyl (rip). My #1 hands down. Marathon sets. Im talkin 12-8 kinda shit. Im there from open to close. When this nigga is in town. Im there. Check out his website for scheduling dates and shit.

no i'm from australia dunk.

i have seen howells 3 times and yes he plays a brand of deep tech funk that can really rock.

lawler has changed his sound these days which i'm not getting into. he used to hammer out some of the nastiest tribal around.......but he has moved into an electro-house sound that just doesn't do it for me these days.

James Holden is awesome........gritty, melodic, techy stuff.

agreed with donald glaude.

Have you heard Lucien Foort?......make sure you catch him if he goes stateside.....awesome techy, progressive sound.

not sure if you are into the harder stuff, but heard Chris Liebing on four decks in Ibiza last year and it was off the hook. Same with ben sims.......fastest hands in DJing
 
Dj_ufo

;)
 
I've seen Oakenfold, Tiesto, Judge Jules & Carl Cox live. All of em put on some pretty decent sets. Of course I was really fucked on ecstasy at the time, but I did have alot fun. In two weeks I get to see Lisa Lashes so I'll have post up a review (she has some great tits too). Lately I've gotten away form the mainstream DJ's and listen to the sets on HHUK, of them my favourites are Alex Towse, Kirk Dixon, MissCreant (she is fuckin hot too, www.misscreant.com), Brendan Moore, Taz Damage, Nick Sandoval....and many more.
 
Dunk said:
Donald Glaude (Heard him spin at Avalon. Hes insane)

Glaude played at my club last year. I never heard so many trainwrecks in my life. And sometimes he'd just let an old Motown song play all the way through without doing anything to it.
 
Mr. Black said:
http://www.hhukrecordings.co.uk/

Download Winamp then Then click on listen now...

I then bought a Recorder that records all the sets coming through(Total Recorder) and I have more music than I have time to listen too:)

Download "Speed" and "Mass Hysteria" from Miss Creant's site...deadley mixes. Also go to www.smashnrg.com and download the Vol 1 (2 cd's) and the latest Vol 2.


awesoem thanks dude,Im gonna get that hooked up,I want misscreants sets but am having trouble downloading them,so Ill have to deal with what I get from hhuk, but I did get some full lisa lashes sets and they are sick
 
listened to the first one,but it was pretty late so I shut it off since it was pretty fast and I wanted to relax,Ill prob get to them tonight though
 
Mr. dB said:
Glaude played at my club last year. I never heard so many trainwrecks in my life. And sometimes he'd just let an old Motown song play all the way through without doing anything to it.

What town is that?

Last time he was in NYC he ripped the place a new asshole. I guess everyone has an off night.
 
Mr. dB said:
Buncha druggies.



Aphrodite played at my bar a few years ago. I couldn't tell the difference between his set and the series of local kids who went on before him.

Techno = teh suck. You wanna be musically creative? Learn an instrument.

You think a lot.

Is that why you be single?
 
Mr. Black said:
I've seen Oakenfold, Tiesto, Judge Jules & Carl Cox live. All of em put on some pretty decent sets. Of course I was really fucked on ecstasy at the time, but I did have alot fun. In two weeks I get to see Lisa Lashes so I'll have post up a review (she has some great tits too). Lately I've gotten away form the mainstream DJ's and listen to the sets on HHUK, of them my favourites are Alex Towse, Kirk Dixon, MissCreant (she is fuckin hot too, www.misscreant.com), Brendan Moore, Taz Damage, Nick Sandoval....and many more.


HHUK plays some incredble hard house music. I'm glad someone else listens to them on winamp I presume? Their Gay and proud stuff is a little funny but they always play sick shit
 
Delinquent said:
HHUK plays some incredble hard house music. I'm glad someone else listens to them on winamp I presume? Their Gay and proud stuff is a little funny but they always play sick shit


Yeah I run winamp. Gotta love that station
 
Lestat said:
I am gonna see Oakenfold at Coachella on April 30th

www.coachella.com
it's such a trendy, hyped event now. I went to the first one and even that one was a bit too trendy, btu I wnated to see RATM (Tool played the first one too, but I'm not much of a Tool fan). I was scalping fake tickets though, LOL. The coolest thing about hat shwo is that Kool Keith made a surprise appearance at one of the small tents, I even got to sneek back stage and kick it with him.
 
CamelToe said:
it's such a trendy, hyped event now. I went to the first one and even that one was a bit too trendy, btu I wnated to see RATM (Tool played the first one too, but I'm not much of a Tool fan). I was scalping fake tickets though, LOL. The coolest thing about hat shwo is that Kool Keith made a surprise appearance at one of the small tents, I even got to sneek back stage and kick it with him.
I was at the RATM/TOOL one.. that is the only one i went to.

This year I'm going for Tool. First show since 1992. They have an album coming out this year, a live DVD, and a tour... SWEET!!!!!
 
Top Bottom