Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

best 5 lifts for legs?

graciekiller

I did a bit of reading, but I wanted to get some up to date opinions on which 5 lifts you guys would pick that would put on the most mass/strength for legs. My training schedule is going to get very tight and gym time will tight. So with that said, I would like to get some opinions on which lifts will add the most strength/mass and what kind of sets and reps would I be looking at?

Currently Im doing squats, leg press, leg extension, leg curls and calf raises...which I would think would be the overall 5 basic lifts. At the moment Im only doing 4 sets of 7, and I can't really go until failure because I have no gym buddy at the moment (my brother is injured).

Squats and leg press. I like to do deadlifts, Goodmornings, Romanian Deadlift, and stiff leg Deadlift along with some leg curls and leg ext. Every now and then ill do lunges. But I think Squats and leg presses are gonna be your big ones. For mass increase your reps like 4*12 or 5*10 or Something like that. Some people with the main lift will do each set to failure and some with every lift. I'm no expert, just what I've picked up along the way.

From My Droid!

full back squats
olympic front squats
straight leg deadlifts off a box
zercher squats
overhead squats

pick 2 exersised for workout A
pick 2 different exersises for workout B

alternate your A and B workout every time you do legs

for each exersize:
do a few weeks of 5x5's
a few of 3x3's
a couple 5x2's
a couple 5x1's
a week of 3x1
go for new PR's

Last edited:
good to see these types of threads.

lots of guys in the gym don't even work legs.. or they might do a couple sets on a machine of leg extensions. they just do bench press, their upper bodies look huge but their lower bodies look like twigs.. hey thats them. personally I think you need a strong trunk first and foremost if you want to flourish the rest of your body.

my fab 5 will definately fuck your legs up if done properly and make them look like you've got something living in your legs.
1. deadlifts
2. squats
3. deep cleans
4. 'around the world' carrying weight around the gym in both hands or cradling it
5. leg presses

of course don't do all 5 in 1 session. but try to knock out atleast 3 out of the 5. and alternate, don't do the same 3 every time. your legs will grow like weeds.

Gracie get away from the dam leg extensions bro. That shit will ruin your knees in no time! Worst excersize (bio mechly) for knees ever bro.

wow, wake up today and lots of good responses!

Zed - leg extensions no more!

Steve - I will be the first to admit that my legs are lacking when it comes to upper body (although I dont have BB goals). Its tough to fit in legs when we are constantly doing sprints/runs...but I do have to suck it up and hit the legs hard. I will take this all in and try different stuff out. I figure if Im lifting hard and trying out new lifts, there should be more positives than negatives. If I can get good results on just a couple of different leg lifts per session, than thats awesome. I was just hoping that I didn't have to do like 10-12 different leg excercises to get results. AGain, thanks for the great info!

Top Bottom