Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Benchin'

Gigantasor

So doing bench yesterday my partners just went back to flat after about 5 weeks of other stuff. I was apprehensive. I have never been a big fan of standard flat bench. I didn't want to do it but at the risk of sounding like a puss and such I kept my mouth shut and went with the motion.

The first set was awkward. I think partially due to the pre-exhaust of fly’s we agreed upon and the fact that my grip was a bit too narrow the result? I felt a lot of the movement in my triceps and elbow. After the first set we bumped up to three wheels.

My apprehension was growing. The weight already felt heavy and 315 was, in my mind on that day pushing it, literally and figuratively. However, I adjusted my grip and let it rip. After 15 reps my mind was in haze. I couldn't understand why I was able to bust them out so easy. My form was tight as hell, I didn't cheat, and to boot I have been carb depleted for about a month. However, it was easy.

We threw a couple quarters on to bump the weight to 365 and after two sets there i was failing at 9 reps. I was blown away.

I know my training has been going well. I knew I was gaining strength and lean mass I just didn't realize how much.

I don't know my max, I don't really care, I’m guessing somewhere in the 4’s. I walk around right now at 265 @ 16% as of Saturday. I’m only repping with a 100 over by BW at this point, I’m not happy about that but I know that I’ll improve. There is no alternative. I'm trying to drop to 8-10% in the next few months and it is going well. So far I have not lost strength or lean mass and have actually gained both during the cut.

I guess the moral of the story is don't be afraid to mix it up. If I had not been willing to do what I didn't want to do yesterday I would never have realized how much I am progressing in this area. Changing your lifting routine and mixing up your sets/reps can have a huge impact on your gains. Try not to allow yourself to get stuck in the same pattern week after week. Your body will respond by refusing to grow or change.

I know a lot of this is common sense bit I'm sure it will help someone out there. Motivation is key. Even when you do not want to train you have to. If you feel like your done give another 5%, at least then you will know for sure your finished and you can leave with your head held high.

Just thought I would share.

Gig

Yeah 9 reps with 365 is real weak?? Damn your crazy strong! I'd be happy as hell to do 100 over my body weight for 1 rep. How tall are you?

good work.

btw, you've said that you held titles in two mma organizations...which ones are they(just of out curiousity)? Thanks!

Giga- Nice lifts bro... Good points-I have started noticing that about changeing exercises but continuing to make gains too (though I could just have known from reading WSB) What kind of routine have you been following?

Becoming,

Sorry it took so long to get back to you. I have been on a five day split. Pretty standard. 3-4 sets 10-12 reps.

Tuesday
Chest/Bi's
Wednesday
Back
Thursday
Shoulders/Tri's
Friday
Hamms
Saturday

Saturday
Quads/Calvs
Sunday & Monday
Mostly off or makeup

Cardio 3-5 times a week depending on sleep schedule.
The lifts I do vary depending on what my partners decides they would like to work on. I'm a gnat compaired to those guys.

Gig

Top Bottom