Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Belts or Raw?

yeah they are fine for that. you can get vibrams, merrells, nike frees or fila skeletoes. if you just want to test it out buy some cheapo water socks from walmart or wherever. same thing jus super cheap and look it. i started with the water socks and took out the insole. they are great for working out in or running in.. look goofy though.

At the moment I don't use one even when I max, but I'm getting into weights I've never done before. I've just read a few articles that say it can give you a false sense of security when lifting and I was wondering if it took focus of the core. But like mentioned I guess its experience and knowing your body.

Thanks...very helpful!

From My Droid!

only for max'outs which i rarely do.

i would not encourage you go around the gym wearing a belt for everything you do, i'm sure you know that and your question was 'lifting heavy'

It's ashame how many ppl u see tho walking around the gym with belts on for everything they do... Like it's a fashion icon

^^^sadly i used gloves for a while cause i hated callouses, and my forearms did not develop and i've dealt with forearm splints.. after dumping the gloves finally the splint went away as i've been able to strengthen my forearms. this is similar to the problem people who wear belts all the time have.

^^^sadly i used gloves for a while cause i hated callouses, and my forearms did not develop and i've dealt with forearm splints.. after dumping the gloves finally the splint went away as i've been able to strengthen my forearms. this is similar to the problem people who wear belts all the time have.

Yes think I'm about to drop the gloves and work on grip....its just habit. The belt was my other post last night. I don't wear one at all but may start just on max's.

From My Droid!

I use mine for ALL standing or (upright sitting) lifts, light or heavy. I have a bad back (degenerative disk disease, and two compressed disks). Not worth the risk of lifting without it.

Charles

Do yall use belts when lifting heavy? I've heard mixed reviews about it. I personally feel uncomfortable wearing one.

What kind of training are you doing? Make all the difference in the world.

When I was Bodybuilding (and young:) I only used a belt on real heavy squats and such. When I powerlifted and now strongman, I use the belt on all events because they are heavy. I don't use it much on assistance work in the gym.

I also believe you will work your core "differently" with and without and not a bad idea to change it up as long as you don't have back problems.

What kind of training are you doing? Make all the difference in the world.

When I was Bodybuilding (and young:) I only used a belt on real heavy squats and such. When I powerlifted and now strongman, I use the belt on all events because they are heavy. I don't use it much on assistance work in the gym.

I also believe you will work your core "differently" with and without and not a bad idea to change it up as long as you don't have back problems.

On Squats and deadlifts. I'm in the progress of working my way through SL 5*5, then madcow, etc. Just trying to go as far and heavy as I can. Don't have anyone to workout with and my gym is full of old people and house wives on machines, so just looking for advice so I don't kill myself. Looks like the consistency of answers is def on maxes and lifts close to it.

From My Droid!

Top Bottom