Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

before you slam me....

mikki(hbdywi)

for mentioning this. Let me say, yes i know muscles need rest.
I remember "back in the day" being told that you could train abs, calves, and something else (can't remember now) everyday.
I have been giving abs a rest but then a friend said yesterday "no, no....abs, calves, and 'whatever else' can be trained everyday!"
thoughts? opinions? facts? reprimands? :)

thanks

Yes, it has to do with what type of muscle fibers they are (fast twitch or slow twitch, gotta read up on that myself, I just noted that :(

Abs, I am sure you can do everyday. As for calves, I not only haven't heard of that, but I wouldn't do it.
Do you ever wanna walk normally again?>!?:eek:

I think you mean forearms as well, it is proposed that abs, calves and forearms can be trained everyday due to a different type of muscle fiber. I think training any muscle everyday is unwise.
Being out of the GYM and rest is key to growth.

Peace

I'm assuming you're trying to get your calves to grow. Your growth will come if you give the muscle enough time to recouperate. Some muscles and some people recouperate faster than others but you don't want to do a bodypart everyday if you're trying to grow. You can do these more frequently than some of the larger muscle groups though.

Abs on the otherhand are OK to do frequently. If you do it this much, throw in a few excersizes for lower back. Strong abs and a weak lower back can leave you susceptible to back injury. Besides, most of the problem with abs isn't that they aren't big enough, it's that they are covered...;)

Definetly not every day, maybe... maybe every other day. I'd stick to twice a week, no more. I wouldn't directly train forearms on some random day, if you feel you have too then I would do it on back day or whatever day you do shrugs or curls.

...Then again: most fatasses have huge calves and they walk on those things everyday to the grocery store or pizza hut etc. everyday.

thanks you guys :)
this is exactly what i was looking for.
I am mostly concerned with abs. Development and not size.
I remember something about them being a different type of fiber and i concentrate on keeping them tight while working other muscle groups. (and do lowback shtuff on training days)
I just want to touch them prior to cardio (on "off" days) and not end up with overtrained gorilla belly. I know...that has to do with form as well :)

one more question....
currently i am only targetting my abs and erector spinae...any reason to really focus on obliques since they are incorporated in the ab work?
I am female if that makes a difference in the "look"?

thanks again!

Just a suggestion, do abs AFTER cardio, when the blood is already flowing. I never train my obliques, but I do- or have done heavy Squats, deadlifts, rows and Standing Presses, all of which put stress on the obliques.

i am trying to rid myself of fat and CANNOT do cardio on an empty stomach ....at least not 3 hours empty (usually train about an hour to an hour and a half after eating)...i have been doing my lifting first to deplete the glucose/glycogen and today is an "off" day and need to do something prior to cardio.....right?
not only that but i am usually too wiped out after cardio to do anything :)
I was thinking i didn't need to target the obliques directly....i think i will stick with that theory and see how i feel about it when the bodyfat is at an acceptable level :)

Top Bottom