Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Beans Good or Bad??

latinhire

Gentlemen,

Lately for dinner, in order to save time ( and cause the fridge is empty) i find myself cooking up some beans and chicken for dinner. Are beans good or bad? I eat all beans, black beans, red beans, kidney beans, i cook them up with some onions and pepper...but the concern is their GI index rating and the fact that i go to sleep an few hours afterwards....any comments.

For you fesetious gents.. Yes i fart my ass off at night!!

:p

My friend, you know the funny part about this is it's really stereotypical, hence the name LatinHire and beans. lol

Now, to be serious: Beans are a great source of low-gi carbs and they contain a lot of fiber. Hey, people that are floating in money eat beans too...lol so don't worry.

You've heard my tuna+mayo=>6months, story?

Mr.X :cool:

It's nothing big.... I was really really really low on money and down on basically every little aspect of life. (including my body)
So, I ate 6 meals of tuna and mayo for 6 months, every day. Hey, the good thing is, I couldn't even cheat because I had no money to buy cheat food.

Life is Life, it's what you make of your situation is what matters.

Mr.X :cool:

Mr. X,

Tuna for 6 months?? I can relate a bit. I ate Tuna and eggs for about 3 months for the same reason....hmm thanks God those day's are over....now at least its beans and chicken...lol....

Thanks for the info...

Dice... the carbs was my concern as well but, overall my carb intake is still less than 50g per day.

I love beans! I eat 2 cans of kidney beans a day. Canned beans have a higher GI than the ones you cook yourself however the GI rating is still pretty low. Yes, there is a lot of protein in beans as well. Per 250ml of beans, there's about 10g of protein, 26g of carbs, and less than a gram of fat, but that varies depending on the type of beans.

Gotta love those beans. I also throw a lot of chick peas and lentils into my diet. Eating them a few hours before bed is not too bad depending on your goals. If you're bulking then they're a good slow release carb/protein to keep your body fueled through a long night of anabolism. While cutting they're better eaten a little earlier in the day if possible, but as long as you eat less than you burn you should still be fine.

Top Bottom