Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Bar Slipping?

eet

Hi,

When I squat the bar doesn't grip my back as well as I want it. The bar feels slippery on certain shirts I wear.
When I bench, my shirt makes my set-up feel less stable as well due to the slipping.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Aside from chalking the back of my shirt, are there any specialty shirts, mats or techniques you guys use to get a better grip?

Thanks!

You can try the following grip exercises:

*Finger Puppets - Press putty between thumb and fingers, keeping fingertips straight. Do this for 10 times.
*Donut Hole - Make putty into a donut and loop it around fingers and thumb. Stretch the loop by opening hand at large knuckles only, keeping thumb as still as possible and fingertips straight. Do this for 10 times.
*One-Hand Clapping - Keep fingertips straight and press putty towards the base of palm with thumb to the side. Do this for 10 times.
*Rock 'n’ Roll: Using straight fingers, roll putty back and forth on a flat surface. Repeat with each hand.
*Knuckle Sandwich - Place putty at the base of the fingers and squeeze putty with fingertips.
*Spider Fingers - Make a loop out of the putty and place it around fingertips and thumb. Stretch the loop by extending middle and tip finger joints.
*Main Squeeze - Place putty in the palm of your hand and squeeze using all fingers and your thumb.

Top Bottom