Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Ban Glenn Pendlay!!! We FINALLY got our MOD!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
BiggT said:
Just wanted to post to support Protobuilder's thread, I agree 100% with him and the way it was worded.....also posting to support Glenn. As far as training, it isn't often you get a world-class coach to offer input for free on a discussion board.......again, I think it is an issue of no mods being on the training forum, plus this is a 'bodybuilding site' which was kind of hijacked by us functional strength trainees, so to put it in a way those who only know bodybuilding would understand, the disrespect Glenn was shown is sort of similar to banning Charles Glass for posting info. about BB training, thats why the harsh reaction from those of us who really only post on the training board.

I see everything took a more respectful, diploamtic turn, but I missed this at its height, and just wanted to offer more support.
Good analogy. I honestly have no clue who Charles Glass is and on seeing such a username would offer no glimmer of especial respect. It'd come as no surprise that your typical mirror-jockey (no disrespect intended) would not have heard of the great Glenn Pendlay.

I still recall everyone's astonishment the day that Glenn joined here.

ya know......heh. y'all getting a lil' sensitive over this??? is it the estrogen?

Nicely said, everybody. I hope it's clear that our problem isn't with The Shadow, it's with the circumstances that made an incident like this inevitable. Namely, as BW said, this forum, despite being one of the largest on EF, has no regular mods.

digger, as others have mentioned, the lack of moderators has been a persistent complaint here but likely hasn't been noticed by mods/admins since it's usually a tangential topic within other threads. Some administrative input on this issue would be appreciated.

blut wump said:
Yeah but every other dweeb would be out on their ear. With you in charge there'd be just you and Glenn remaining after the first couple of weeks and that'd only last until one of your own posts pissed you off.

:FRlol: I needed a good laugh.

Best part is, it's true.

I think I know what it is......granted posting info on personal training is 'technically' a forum violation, the vast majority who make the training board what it is, have great respect for Glenn and would view training under him a once in a lifetime opportunity.....the fact that his post was so quickly reported and he was threatened with being banned set people off because he truly is a world-class coach and most saw it as disrespectful, like he was a spamming non-contributor, where if the mod in question actually spent time on here , he would have most likely handled things more diplomatically from the get-go...... if you don't know the caliber of coach he is, thats fine, but if you spent an hour a day at most 'moderating' one of your busiest forums you'd probably have handled it differently. ALL the inane, useless shit that is allowed to clutter the board that goes untouched because the mods simply aren't here....then something helpful, that is technically a violation gets nailed, while things like "Poll: Who has teh bigger gunz$: Brad Pitt or Vin Diesel?" or "HELP!!! I have nipple hair and inner pec fat" are let go.....while they aren't violations of policy, they are violations of common sense and intelligence and if mods showed training forum posters more respect and cleaned up inane bullshit and actually got to know the training board a little better, then the respect would be returned I think.

Anyway, My vote is AI for mod.

First of all, thanks to all the people who have said kind words about me, I really appreciate it.

I wasnt aware that I was breaking any rules by posting that I am doing online training. Had I known that this was against the rules, I wouldnt have done it. Ive mentioned this in a couple of different places, with no problems, and assumed it wouldnt be a problem here. Obviously not the case.

I dont think I am "owed" the courtesy of being able to break the rules, if that was against the rules, then a moderator or anyone really who knew the rules would have been right and correct to take the post down and PM me and inform me of the rule.

No, I didnt think it was polite to do it the way shadow did it (i think he actually called me "dude"!), but people are different and what might be taken as disrespectfull by one person may well have NOT been meant that way by another...

What would seem reasonable, would be to take the offending post down. Since it is against the rules to advertise, and as long as the post is up, Im still advertising!!! If a moderator reads this, maybe shadow, will you just delete the post completely?

It's all been said already, but as another regular, I also wanted to show my support and back PB's post and BW's summary of where we're at.

We need a resident mod, chosen from one of the regulars.

BiggT said:
if you spent an hour a day at most 'moderating' one of your busiest forums you'd probably have handled it differently. ALL the inane, useless shit that is allowed to clutter the board that goes untouched because the mods simply aren't here....then something helpful, that is technically a violation gets nailed, while things like "Poll: Who has teh bigger gunz$: Brad Pitt or Vin Diesel?" or "HELP!!! I have nipple hair and inner pec fat" are let go.....while they aren't violations of policy, they are violations of common sense and intelligence and if mods showed training forum posters more respect and cleaned up inane bullshit and actually got to know the training board a little better, then the respect would be returned I think.

LMFAO!! I damn near fell out of my chair on that one. That's exactly what I was 'trying' to convey.

I'm glad Glenn has seen this and understands that his presence is very much appreciated. "Most" guys on here are, and always will be, amateurs. And not very "gifted" amateurs either. LoL But we like to lift, we try hard, and we're learning. It's really helpful to have comments from coaches like Glenn and other more "gifted" atheletes like Illuminati, BiggT, etc. I've never been involved in athletics of any sort (check my journal and you'll understand why, LoL), so its really awesome to actually get help from a national level coach. It's unbelievable actually. That's why it got under my skin so bad that an "outsider" would just crap all over it. I'm glad Digger cleaned it up. I agree completely that it would make a big difference to have a training forum mod. And it needs to be someone w/ some experience, who's willing to help, and posts positive, well thought out comments. That makes most of us ineligible. LoL And it makes AI the absolute worst person for the job, although he'd certainly clean up the garbage. LoL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom