Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

back workout

dhudson8

This might not be the best place to post this. But can some of you guys give me examples of your back workouts. I need to figure out something a little different for a back workout. Now I'm doing..
Wide pulldowns
close grip pulldowns
deadlift
dumbell rows

thats pretty much it for back. I also do bicepts on back day. I want to build up my lats more and get a more noticable V shape, but i can't seem to build them wider, it might be the workout or something but i really don't know. Any suggestions.

one exercise that has improved my back is using the lat pull down bar on the seated rowing machine.

1. using wide grip, pull/row the bar towards your navel. 4 sets
2. using wide grip, now pull/row the bar high towards your chest

last back exercise i do is deadlifts...go up to 3plates and sure feel it. 4 sets

gtrcivic said:
one exercise that has improved my back is using the lat pull down bar on the seated rowing machine.

1. using wide grip, pull/row the bar towards your navel. 4 sets
2. using wide grip, now pull/row the bar high towards your chest

last back exercise i do is deadlifts...go up to 3plates and sure feel it. 4 sets
heavt t-bar rows added should help with your lats.

If you are mostly looking for width, then my recommendation is pull ups with a wide grip. Deadlifts and rows seem to help most with back thickness. If I were you, I would put more total sets into wide grip pull ups. I also think pull ups with your own wt works the best, but most people do not do them cause they are hard. If you do not do pull ups with your own wt, slowly work your way up with them. Have someone hold up your feet, or concentrate on doing some negatives only. I gaurantee once you are able to do wide grip pull ups with your own wt for say 10 reps, you will notice more width in your lats. Good luck.

Nothing special:

Widegrip Pullups
Deads
BB Rows
A bunch of dropsets with pulldowns to finish her off

this was a problem i just recently corrected. I had a very strong looking middle back but i didnt have wide lats. I fixed this problem by doing heavy negitives on milatry presses on shoulder day, and then doing some very very slow wide grip lat pulldowns on the same day. my shoulder day is on friday and back day on monday.

back day i do
one arm dumbbell rows, deadlifts, seated cable rows, pullups, shoulder shrugs, and bent over barbell rows.

dead lift
pull ups.. one set under hand close grip next set wide grip over hand
bent over rows
lat pull downs

Thanks for the help. I am going to start adding pull ups to my back routine. I usually hate doing them like most because I can't do very many at all. I can do pull downs all day, but no pull ups. LOL

How often do you all work out each body part during the week. I currently do this routine.

Chest/tricepts
Back/bicepts
legs/shoulders

and keep starting all over. Sometimes I'll take a day off between legs and chest, but I feel like I get stronger without taking the time off between, it does however allow me to miss a day if something in my life happens to keep me out of the gym.

Top Bottom