Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Back WO

anthrax

MVP
EF VIP
What do you think of this routine

SLDL (lower back) - 4 sets
GM (lower back) - 4 sets
Pull-ups (width / upper back) - 2 sets
"V"-Bar Pull-downs - 2 sets
Seated Cable Rows (thickness) - 4 sets

I know it is a lot but I like high volume for the back and I don't put super-mega weight on the first 2 exercices (injury wise)

hey bro, looks good...but the SLDL are more of a hamstring exercise than they are for the lower back. i would add something for your traps, or do you do them on a different day?

wellbilt said:
change the sldl to a traditional dl and see how that works for ya
exactly..gm's hit the spinal erectors pretty hard too..maybe you want to move them to your squat day and some heavy BB rows

What are your goals?: strength, mass, width, thickness? or all of the above?? Your goals will dictate what you need to emphasize in your routine. Also you mentioned previous injury - what, where, when & how - This can have a serious impact on your training for if you do not properly correct & strengthen old injuires you are just delaying the inevitable future injury for a chain is only as strong as its weakest link.

Put up some details so people can be more precise in their advice.

S

supreme said:
What are your goals?: strength, mass, width, thickness? or all of the above?? Your goals will dictate what you need to emphasize in your routine.
In all modesty, I have to say all of the above ;)
Strength first then width and thickness

supreme said:
Also you mentioned previous injury - what, where, when & how - This can have a serious impact on your training for if you do not properly correct & strengthen old injuires you are just delaying the inevitable future injury for a chain is only as strong as its weakest link.
S

Lower back
Hyper kyphosis + lordosis / Back surgery once considered

Anthrax said:
In all modesty, I have to say all of the above ;)
Strength first then width and thickness

Lower back
Hyper kyphosis + lordosis / Back surgery once considered

if you are looking for strength to help your deadlift or your squat, good mornings will help tremendously. but these are to help strengthen your lower back. so im not too sure if these would be a good choice for you since you said you had lower back problems. has it fully recovered, or do you still have problems with your back? if it has, try doing the GM's with a light weight to get used to the movement until you get comfortable to start going heavy.

Illuminati said:
if you are looking for strength to help your deadlift or your squat, good mornings will help tremendously. but these are to help strengthen your lower back. so im not too sure if these would be a good choice for you since you said you had lower back problems. has it fully recovered, or do you still have problems with your back? if it has, try doing the GM's with a light weight to get used to the movement until you get comfortable to start going heavy.
actually strengthen the area is the best way to go..no talking about doing heavy 1 rep maxes, but if you gain strength in that area injury risk is lesser..

wnt2bBeast said:
actually strengthen the area is the best way to go..no talking about doing heavy 1 rep maxes, but if you gain strength in that area injury risk is lesser..

wnt2bbeast....that is what i was getting at. to start with light weight as a form of active rehab for the back, and gradually increase the weight until the back was close to 100%. then start going heavy...

Top Bottom