Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Back is Lacking!

season7445

Whats going on fellas? Ok here is the deal, I train my back hard and am not seeing any size increase. I know my strength is gradually going up but i dont have the size i want. Please Help! Im gonn alist a typical back routine, let me know what u think.

Front Pulldowns 5 sets
Close Grip rows 3 sets
Wide Grip T BAr rows 3 sets
Pullovers 3 sets
Db rows 3 sets
reverse flyes 3 sets

After my back workout i do my traps. I try to go to failure on each set. Also I do my deadlifts on leg days so those are in there too.

Thanks for any help.
season7445 :supercool

my back day looks something like this:

BB Rows 5x5
Pullups 2x8
DB rows 3x8
Maybe cable rows 2x8
SLDL 3x10

have seen pretty good results thus far. The SLDL have helped to fill out my back. And the BB rows are a good exercise for mass.

my back workout:

deads 5x5
weighted chins 2x8
pulls ups w/ bodyweight 2x5 or whatever i can manage at that point
db rows 2x10

Ok guys thanks, i think im gonna start doing pull ups instead of pulldowns, plus maybe move my deadlifts from legday to back day! Thanks!

back routine:

power cleans (will alternate weeks - heavy one, light the other) - 3x5
deadlifts - 5-7 sets of 5
chins - 3 sets of ten (currently just bw)
bb rows - 4 sets of 10 (alternate sets - 1 set wide grip with palms facing you and 1 set narrow grip with palms facing away)
reverse hypers - 3 sets of 15 (BW - just for the burn)
bb shrugs (front) - 3 sets of 10 (1 sec. hold at top and 10 sec. hold on last reps for each set)

hope that helps,
CN

season7445 said:
Whats going on fellas? Ok here is the deal, I train my back hard and am not seeing any size increase. I know my strength is gradually going up but i dont have the size i want. Please Help! Im gonn alist a typical back routine, let me know what u think.

Front Pulldowns 5 sets
Close Grip rows 3 sets
Pullovers 3 sets
Db rows 3 sets
reverse flyes 3 sets

After my back workout i do my traps. I try to go to failure on each set. Also I do my deadlifts on leg days so those are in there too.

Thanks for any help.
season7445 :supercool

You might benefit the most of you start doing deads with your back workout instead of legs, but if you want you could do straight leg deads with you legs still. Also, why not do the shrugs after deads or better yet when you train your shoulders. Maybe save the rear flys when you work shoulders too.

this would be the order i would do you workout in:

Close Grip rows 3 sets
Db rows 3 sets
Front Pulldowns 5 sets
Pullovers 3 sets

pull-ups?

Your volume is too high. Also you probably need to learn to feel your back. Heavy is good, but not so heavy that you can't contract the muscle properly. When you contract on each rep, you should feel your back lats cramp and hold for a one count, and on the end of each rep stretch it out until you feel the muscle burning from the stretch. Use the heaviest weights you can handle and still feel this.

Top Bottom