Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

ATP depletion and fat-loss

MrMakaveli

I have a question for you biology buff's out there as it relates to dieting. I remember a post by duchaine about body-opus a few years back that stated that one of the main reasons fat-loss didnt happen quicker was due to atp-depletion mid week. What exactly does ATP have to do with fat-loss?

That doesn't really make complete sense to me. ATP is our energy currency, it can ultimately be "made" from all of our macronutrients, either anaerobically or aerobically. If we were not producing ANY ATP, we would die. That is what the poison cyanide does, it interrupts a stage in the oxidative system thus giving your body NO ATP, and you die. Maybe he meant "carb depleted" by mid week. Because a by product of carb breakdown is needed for maximal lypolysis. Hope this helps!

Ryan

Yeah I found it, he was talking about liver ATP reducing the converstion of T-3, that makes much more sense now doesnt it :)

wow, you had me worried there for a sec... I thought I wasn't really as much of a biology nerd as I thought I was.. I was flipping through my old first year bio books looking for info..

hehe, it does make much more sense though when you add in the words Liver and T-3 to the mix

Top Bottom