Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Astros fans.......

Natymike

Looks like we have a another rookie pitching sensation in Carlos Hernandez. In 2 starts he has NOT GIVEN UP ONE RUN (13 innings)

He also has 14 k's in those 13 innings.

The Stros define the word "depth" this year, Orlando Merced is batting about 400 as a pinch hitter, its always nice to have people like Ward and Merced when you need them. Our pitching is becoming our best asset and thats hard to believe with the offense we have.

I really like our chances this year.

Stroes

are taking care of business. I don't fear Atlanta this year at all. As you said, Naty, we have our best team ever. I will be very surprised if we don't go deep into the playoffs. A Series date is very possible. Bagwell could be the 1st player to ever have 7 consecutive
30hrs, 100ribbies, 100 walks, 100run seasons. And the shortstop position gets better next year with Adam Everett in the wings. Still wish they hadn't traded Elarton though. :D

What I want to know is what rock did Lance Berkman crawl out from under? He looks like a fatass, but is hitting .350 with 30 HR's.

Home grown talent

Played @ Rice, but, yep, he as developed quickly, no wheels though.....but got some thunder in that bat of his.....but it helps to be in front of Moises Alou. If we can get Richard Hidalgo untracked......we will be even better. D Ward is waiting for M Alou to leave or retire..

if reynolds comes back in full force and hernandez keeps this up it'll be interesting to see what the playoff rotation will be...

Reynolds

has been up and down.....yep, going to be interesting

I'd probably go with the vet, though....I'd keep Hernandez on the roster, and surprise teams and spot start em......

Does anyone remember when Berkman was at Rice and he hit 6 Homeruns in ONE DAY

Rice had a triple header, it was fucking crazy.

Thickdog, Lance won college player of the year his senior year. He definately doesn't look like a ball player at all, and he swing is not the most pleasant to look at, but he is a complete bad ass. He will be this good for many years to come.

And gymno, this Mike Williams character we got for Elarton is staring to suck, he's starting to get ripped left and right, I've personally seen 3 instances where he has come in around the 7th or 8th inning and blown the lead. He did it last night.

As for Reynolds, I hope we don't put him in the lineup, IMO he is our weakest pitcher.--(way to inconsistent)\

By the way, prior to getting pulled up, C. Hernandez was 12-3 in AA Round Rock.

Last edited:
Natymike said:
Does anyone remember when Berkman was at Rice and he hit 6 Homeruns in ONE DAY

I remember that day, I was glad the Stroes got em...

And gymno, this Mike Williams character we got for Elarton is staring to suck, he's starting to get ripped left and right, I've personally seen 3 instances where he has come in around the 7th or 8th inning and blown the lead. He did it last night.

yep, I hate that trade, and I know why.....this dude sucks ass....I've been watching him do shit.....he reminds me of Lima....giving up runs to the worst part of a team's lineup, he can't get anybody out when he needs to...WTF is he pitching so much?

As for Reynolds, I hope we don't put him in the lineup, IMO he is our weakest pitcher.--(way to inconsistent)\

I agree...keep Hernandez on the roster, play Reynolds only against teams he can beat...who that is I'm not sure anymore.....he' hasnt been the same since that knee injury....he needs some deca

Top Bottom