Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

assistance excercises

texascaveman

im just trying to get some info on a example routine for powerlifting. its my first venture into the world of powerlifting outside of highschool.
the routine im using is off of joeskopeccom/programs.html
add the . before the com to see it
any help will be greatly appreciated

So what routine are you using exactly. For your main lifts you got you squat bench and deadlift. One technique Jim wendler tellls people to use is doing your lifts, and then after doing 10x10 of that lift. My brother does stuff like that. If you have anymore specific questions I can help you out man

Jim's 5-3-1 is a great program. Very hard for younger lifters to use the weights percentages as prescribed, but if they ever actually use it they will see steady results. Jim himself ask people who disclaim his program and weights used how much have you increased in the last year and they always are under where they would have been if they had done it correctly.

My personal favorites are the 5x5 programs.

To answer your question search these programs and more (do not want to copy and paste to infrindge)

Pick @2 assistance lifts for your mains.

Last, but certainly not least remember that more is not better, BETTER IS BETTER!

Jim's 5-3-1 is a great program. Very hard for younger lifters to use the weights percentages as prescribed, but if they ever actually use it they will see steady results. Jim himself ask people who disclaim his program and weights used how much have you increased in the last year and they always are under where they would have been if they had done it correctly.

My personal favorites are the 5x5 programs.

To answer your question search these programs and more (do not want to copy and paste to infrindge)

Pick @2 assistance lifts for your mains.

Last, but certainly not least remember that more is not better, BETTER IS BETTER!

Agreed 100%. Most people that discredit 5/3/1 are either the morons who curl in the squat rack and claim strength isn't that important and/or cannot check their ego for once in their life continue their hamster routines and wonder why they get injured often and don't see results. After stalling out various times on Madcow's Intermediate program, I switched over to Wendler's and within the first month I was making better gains than before. Its worth the try.

As far as assistance is concerned don't go apeshit on it, as Wendler says in his book "don't major in the minors". The Boring But Big template(where you repeat the main lift for 5x10) is your best bet in terms of assistance. I personally follow the Periodization Bible template(Westside style assisatnce) but its up to you.

I'm just getting into the bench press portion of powerlifting. I use the Russian routine. It's a 10 week program and I average 30 odd of added weight to my press. Google it works.

Sent from my PG86100 using EliteFitness

Boring but big is legit, I'm not running 5/3/1 anymore but I've continued to use it and it's made a big difference with my OHP...

Besides that I would just hit lifts that address my weak points.

If you want to lift more weight you need to use assistance exercises that work your weakest points of the lift-Louie Simmons.

Not sure how strong you are now but if your new to this i'm guessing your lifts are not huge yet. 5/3/1 boring but big is awesome for someone who is starting out. Assistance exercises that bring up your weak points i think are geared more towards advance lifters. You need to just get as big as possible right now. Go check out elitefts.com and buy jim wendler's book for 20 $.

Top Bottom