Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Aspirating......Is it Necessary ??

I've done thousands of injects and never had a bad expeience due to never aspirating. However it is best to research Spotinjections.com before just sticking yourself anywhere.

I have been doing this a long time and not once have I aspirated

Aspirating lets you know if you are in a vein. (I guess) It's a personal thing, If it makes you feel better do it, I always aspirate when I hit the quads just to make sure.

you can still be in a vein and not aspirate blood. also you can hit a vein on the way out too ..

i'm not trying to be a smart ass but i'm just making the point that aspirating doesn't really tell you anything necessarily

It seems to me that aspirating would be nessesary, otherwise why come up with the term if it isnt done in medical practice. Definitely not trying to be a smart ass, as ive only done one cycle. I aspirated everytime, amd pulled blood 3 times during cycle. The vets say they dont and others say they do. Maybe I just wont aspirate the next go around

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using EliteFitness

Its not absolutely vital. If you can do it good if you cant or its awkward then it doesnt matter..

How many doctors or nurses have you seen aspirating

Sent from my GT-N7100 using EliteFitness

Well put my good man! Yet, I believe I did hit a vessel or vein and Boy, it was like a geyser! Blood everywhere like I murdered someone! LOL

so how does aspirating prevent you from injecting into a vein?

it doesn't!!

Hmm..... I disagree. It most certainly reduces your chances of injecting into a vein.

Like I said this is a touchy subject as each has their own opinion... broscience. New nursing graduates are taught to aspirate with IM injections, is it correct.. just depends on who you ask.

Hmm..... I disagree. It most certainly reduces your chances of injecting into a vein.

actually I should of been more specific. I meant injecting as in injecting the needle, not injecting the oil. going in aspirating does nothing to prevent you from hitting a vein, i should of said cause it sounds confusing

in other words by the time you aspirate its too late, you would of already hit the vein going in. thats what i meant

I aspirate as it only takes a second... But, usually if I am deep in a quad muscle, I cannot even pull the syringe up. I had blood fill the syringe once--and The syringe pulled up easily as a result. So, yes--I aspirate. It's an extra step that makes the injection take a bit longer. But, I would rather shoot into the muscle as opposed to a vein. I'm not sure the needle tip was actually in the vein, but it could have been--thus the reason for aspirating.

Top Bottom