Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Are upright rows bad for the joints?

N

nenofury

I have heard conflicting opinions on this and was wondering what you all think or know?

I do them with no pain, but I have friends that can't do one without hurting. Everybody is different...

I've heard people with wrist, elbow, and shoulder pain because of them. I have never done them and don't plan on it either.

It's weird I use not to them because they hurt my forearms. But now I can. If you are going to do them go light with a bunch of reps for a while until your joints get use to the exercise. Then go heavier with fewer reps. I get a hell of pump off upright rows.

They put the rotator cuffs in an injury prone position so can easily lead to injury, if you are going to do them they are not an exercise that you want to go heavy on, I would stay away from any weight that you can't do for at least 10 reps.

I agree with needsize, use a manageble weight and do them slow with correct form.
I like em on the negative the best.

A close grip and going above the bottom of your chest will certainly prepare you for future shoulder problems, pain or not. If you do them, go shoulder width and pull to the bottowm of your chest.

Top Bottom