Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

arching back help

bbock7272

someone corrected me today when i was doin deads showing me that i dont really arch my back at all.. I try my best but i just cant arch it that well. I dropped all the weight off my deads (just bar) and tried my best to arch my back but its not workin too well. He said i might just have a natural curve the opposite way in my back.

Anyone have any tips in keeping an arch in ur back? It seems i do the same thing w/ my squats, and i can keep an arch but as soon as i start moving (ie bending down for deads) i lose the arch. It was tiring just tryin my hardest to keep it arched w/ just the bar weight, nevermind my normal weight.

Any help would be appreciated. If my back is now curved the other way, maybe from slouching im gonna have to fix it, if u have any ideas to train my back the other way, im all for it.

Thx in advance

strengthen your upper back and lats. heavy barbell rows, t-bar rows, chest supported rows, shrugs, kelso shrugs.

on the deadlift, when you grab the bar squeeze your lats tight, sit back and pull the bar up your legs. keep your head up the whole time, dont let it dip down.

on the squat....squeeze the bar as hard as you can, squeeze your shoulder blades together, and get your lats really tight. again keep your head up the whole time. and you should also try to tuck your elbows under the bar while squatting, this will help bring your chest up, and thus give you a better/bigger arch. Big chest=big arch. little chest, means your hunched over and little arch.

Sit your ass back at the bottom of the deadlift and squat. If you are leaning over to pick up the bar at the beginning of a deadlift, you won't be able to look up as easily. This is an indication that you aren't "sitting back" when you pull. Same with squats. You should be able to pretty much look at the ceiling during the lift. Sit BACK.

I am working to correct my form on both of these as well. This thinking I listed above is helping me quite a bit.:)

Joker

Top Bottom