Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Anyone with school age kids..Common Core

i like the idea of having standards for teachers, but what scares me is:

1) what standards are considered important

2) who gets to set those standards

i'd feel much better if all schools were private and developed their own standards. Then we'd have hundreds or thousands of experiments going all over the country and the schools would have to compete by constantly adopting the standards that work best.

hahahhahaahhahahhahhahaha

hahahhahaahhahahhahhahaha

Know the sad thing?

We already spend plenty of money on education. Here's a simple thing we could do:

Take the current spend at $X per student and give it out as a voucher. For people in the top 1/3 of income, take 33% of the voucher and give it to the people at the bottom 1/3 of income.

Voila. The poorest people have the largest vouchers and become the coveted customers in the new private system.

Problem solved.

Know the sad thing?

We already spend plenty of money on education. Here's a simple thing we could do:

Take the current spend at $X per student and give it out as a voucher. For people in the top 1/3 of income, take 33% of the voucher and give it to the people at the bottom 1/3 of income.

Voila. The poorest people have the largest vouchers and become the coveted customers in the new private system.

Problem solved.

But that would be admitting government failure on a massive scale. Shouldnt a simple "Im sorry" suffice? Our current administration seems to think so

Top Bottom