Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Anyone with school age kids..Common Core

I dont know..it seems like it would be a waste of resources to continue it, sort of redundant.
but idk, I haven't read all the info on the states education site to find out

I wonder how Montessoris have reacted...or Miss Porters

I guess the curriculum has started to roll out here but not in our school system...testing is supposed to start next year

Montessoris aren't happy. That's what I don't like about it. Abby is in Montessori now, and even if I don't like these standards I can't really get away from it. If I was running a Montessori...I don't know I'd be very unhappy it's against everything Montessori

Oh well, there's nothing I can do about it so reason to worry I guess. No reason to pay for Montessori. Guess I'll be saving some $$ so that's a positive

I haven't read about Common Core much though I hear about it from my teacher friends.

Anythings probably an upgrade from Sunshine State Standards and FCAT though. Moving from private to public school in high school and having to take the FCAT was a joke. I took harder tests than the FCAT in private school in like, 5th grade.

But Florida sucks, soooo...

lol @ Bridgeport. My HS friend lives there. I hear its not the best. Never been there though. I grew up in New Canaan.

I need to do some research on Common Core, since I have three pre-K kids and one high school student.

So far, what I know is:

PRO: Teachers hate it.

CON: The government is pushing it.

Damn, talk about conflicted feelings. This is how I'd feel if one serial killer killed another serial killer. Offsetting penalties maybe?

sample common core question:

If the government spends 700 trillion on food stamps and 500 trillion on welfare, how much more was spent on food stamps?

1) 200 trillion
G) 1200 trillion
6) -200 trillion
XVI) Not enough on either food stamps or welfare

Answer: XVI

hahahahaha

We all know the right answer is:

5(c).1: Where da fck is my cheque? I jus walked to the mailbox and my shizzle ain't there? What kind of fckn cuntry is this where I don't get my shit? Im gonna call Barry and hell straighten your ass out.

Final answer Regis.

I like the idea of having standards for teachers, but what scares me is:

1) What standards are considered important

2) Who gets to set those standards

I'd feel much better if all schools were private and developed their own standards. Then we'd have hundreds or thousands of experiments going all over the country and the schools would have to compete by constantly adopting the standards that work best.

Top Bottom