Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Anyone try Windows 8? What did you think?

EnderJE

EF VIP
I keep thinking about it, but don't want to screw up my day to day laptop for it. I finally got it working the way I want it.

I'm not sure if I go that route ill just get a new laptop. They say it will run on windows seven boxes but I mean they built the damn thing with the Ivy bridge processors in mind

I'm not sure if I go that route ill just get a new laptop. They say it will run on windows seven boxes but I mean they built the damn thing with the Ivy bridge processors in mind
I was thinking of picking up a cheap HP sleek book to test it out.

one of my best friends was a software engineer for them a few years back. I just asked him a few weeks ago what he thinks about the windows 8 reviews and he was completely unshocked by the lame rating everyone was giving it. He had a very interesting explanation...it all comes down to managment at microsoft. He said never buy an odd release from Microsoft, for "anything". Look at all the windows releases, look at the original xbox vs the 360. Every "even" release from microsoft is awesome, then since management is judged solely on how much they "change" from the prior release..they think change necessarily means innovation..all the managers on all levels are crawling up everybody's ass to make things "different". And that's why they have such high turnover cause basically you do something right there and you're immediately told to tear it apart and shit all over it instead of making small incremental improvements. So the odd releases always suck because of this, then they get things in order because their customers are telling them to jump off a bridge. It's an amazing "fuck you" to their customer base because they basically strong arm you into buying their new releases. Windows 7, which in my mind is the best product from microsoft i have ever owned, is not getting any more SP's. So within a year it's gonna a petry dish of trojans and malware. The fact that business's routinely tell them to go fuck themselves and stick with fucking win xp should tell them somehting....STABILITY MATTERS!! If even the tech monkeys out there are yelling that windows 8 is the worst thing they've seen come across their screens....then you've basically taken win 7 and fucked it gaping right in the ass. And why? So MS is gonna strong arm anybody that makes games for windows to run the newest direct x which win 7 may not support....so it's a giant fuck you. Nice.

one of my best friends was a software engineer for them a few years back. I just asked him a few weeks ago what he thinks about the windows 8 reviews and he was completely unshocked by the lame rating everyone was giving it. He had a very interesting explanation...it all comes down to managment at microsoft. He said never buy an odd release from Microsoft, for "anything". Look at all the windows releases, look at the original xbox vs the 360. Every "even" release from microsoft is awesome, then since management is judged solely on how much they "change" from the prior release..they think change necessarily means innovation..all the managers on all levels are crawling up everybody's ass to make things "different". And that's why they have such high turnover cause basically you do something right there and you're immediately told to tear it apart and shit all over it instead of making small incremental improvements. So the odd releases always suck because of this, then they get things in order because their customers are telling them to jump off a bridge. It's an amazing "fuck you" to their customer base because they basically strong arm you into buying their new releases. Windows 7, which in my mind is the best product from microsoft i have ever owned, is not getting any more SP's. So within a year it's gonna a petry dish of trojans and malware. The fact that business's routinely tell them to go fuck themselves and stick with fucking win xp should tell them somehting....STABILITY MATTERS!! If even the tech monkeys out there are yelling that windows 8 is the worst thing they've seen come across their screens....then you've basically taken win 7 and fucked it gaping right in the ass. And why? So MS is gonna strong arm anybody that makes games for windows to run the newest direct x which win 7 may not support....so it's a giant fuck you. Nice.

Agreed. When they stopped releasing sp for Xp. I almost jumped to Mac. What thy are oing is copying the apple model to basically bring our os with you everywhere. Slate, windows phone, windows 8. It's exactly what apples been oing since iOS. Fully integrate mobile devices and stay home devices.

Well, I installed it on one of my older laptops. It's a little faster. The clear type text makes it look a little sloppier. The UI is completely different. It took me awhile to find the "start" command.

Top Bottom