Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Anyone here know Access well?

Wodin - "ass" and "balls" are just strings - one is whatever is in this optional text box, the other is a static constant that I will just write in the if statement.

CL- It is on the screen and visible - if that means it is open, then yes.

The name I used to reference it is the one that it is saved as in the Forms list.

If it is a sub window, do I need to do:
Code:
=[Forms]![outerFormName]![subFormName]![textBoxName]

This seriously should be the most trivial thing in the world. I should be laughing at this except that it is taking me over a day to do what is fucking retardedly easy I'm sure.

= Forms![frmParentForm].[frmChildForm]![textBox] looks right, sometimes you have to leave out the square brackets around the textbox.

Try a few, if you don't get it I'll do better with a screen shot in design view (of the form)

Damn that's some fucked up references. LOL!!

No wonder I avoid access forms.

It will automatically put in the brackets around shit even if I leave it off.

The problem is I don't know what the names of these things are.
There is the main form thing (forms.mainForm) and then it has two frames on it that load sub forms. You click on an item in one frame (sub form) and it populates the other frame with another form (sub form).
All of this stays on the screen.
Then in that sub form, you fill out text boxes.
Then in the mainForm, there are buttons - when you are done filling out whatever subform is there, then you press any of the given boxes.
They run shit and then display a report, based on which thing you selected in the first frame and populate it based on what was in the second frame.

In the report that comes up, all I want to do - this is absolutely fucking retard smacking themselves in their crooked helmet easy - is have a text box in the report that populates itself based on the text box that is the form in the second frame of the main form.

So you would think it is just:
forms.mainForm.subForm.textBox

But that either gives me "Error" or "Name" errors.

At best it pops up a window at run time that asks me to fill some variable if I don't use the full path.

And yes, I am doing the [Forms]![mynuts]![etc]![eatADick] - but it is easier for me to write it here logically like the DOM style of forms.mynuts.etc...

I wish there were a child here for me to take out my anger on.

You know, you'd probably be better off not coding it yourself, I didn't realize you suck at code ;)

Right click on your textbox in the report and choose properties (if the properties box isn't already open)

go to the Data tab - Control Source - choose the '...'
double click on forms - loaded forms (if the source form is open)
drill down to your desired subform choose the control

That is all you really have to do, when you hit ok the code is written for you

CipherLock said:
You know, you'd probably be better off not coding it yourself, I didn't realize you suck at code ;)

Right on sister.

That did it though, I tried to give you karma but it said something about you being too overly gay or something.

I knew it had to be retarded.

The way it showed it is:
[Forms]![mainForm]![Sub].[Form]![TextName]

I have no clue where "sub" came from - that name is nowhere visible and I can't find it in any of the properties boxes.

Anyway - looks like I can get it from here.

Man this sucks - but that was easy - KNOWING IS HALF THE BATTLE.

thanks again - it is like having a 2 ton heavy thing taken off of my shoulders

Top Bottom