Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Anyone here know Access well?

jerkbox said:
who the hell is jon polito?

lol

He played Gideon in "The Crow."

I had to look up his name, because I forgot. But it looks EXACTLY like him bror.

Get on AIM for a second bro.

From Zero - I have no clue what you are talking about. It is Mr. Belvedere. If that is the person you are talking about, then yes - otherwise, no.

CipherLock - yes. I know database shit inside and out - this has nothing to do with that unfortunately - this is all forms and reports crap.

There is a master form. In that is a... window. In that window (that has to be the wrong term - more like a frame) it loads other reports based on what you choose off of a list. When you hit another button, it reads the data that is in that form in the window, runs some query, and then dumps out a report based on that.

In that report that dumps out, there are text boxes and shit. Those text boxes reference that query - they basically are tied to database fields for the query so that as the report iterates over the set returned, it populates the fields.
No big deal.

But I don't care about the query - that shit is all working well enough.

What I want is part of the previously static text to now change based on what was in that form.

Like I said before, a basic if statement that looks at a field - if it is empty, then display default text.
If it is populated, then display the text that it is populated with.

It is going to look like:
"blah blah blah" & Iif(whatever,"ass","titties") & "blah blah blah"

I just don't know the whatever part that will allow me to reference that textbox in the form.

Well that didn't show how I wanted it to.

=[Forms]![frmname]![Text0]

that is better, put that in the textbox of the field to get the value from the form, you ok with the testing?

I think for ass and balls you need [dbname].[ass] [dbname].[balls]

And if you have spaces between field names you have to use qoutes around the field names inside the brackets.

I've only used access through vb so I have no clue about forms.

hmm, tried that and it still says "#Name" in the output... will have to search on more shit.

I'm really glad that they use a non-standard DOM, that was a fantastic idea on their part.

I can recall a girl I used to work with always whining about how Access shit sucked - I only ever did the database side for which I felt that it was okay.
but this shit sucks.

OMGWTFBBQ said:
hmm, tried that and it still says "#Name" in the output... will have to search on more shit.

IS THE FORM OPEN when the report is? If the form isn't open you'll get the #name

Top Bottom