Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Anyone having sucess cutting on a 40/30/30?

BigRedCat

Just curious. I have been cutting for a couple weeks. Not much in the way of results so far. On a 40/30/30 does it matter that much if you eat your carbs at night or during the day?

i really dont think it matters. you will still weigh the same if u eat all your carbs at night or all your carbs in the morning.

i feel the ratios dont matter as long as u keep protien at the right amount.

i think its best to cycle your calories

go to extreme deficit for a few days then bump up cals to almost normal for one day the repeat the process

i dont know really, but thats the way i see it so far

you just have to experiment

How much fat should I expect to lose by doing this? I need to lose a few inches off my waist- its really the only fat I have, like most guys. I definately dont want to lose any muscle. Since I started cutting I havent lost any fat but my arms grew a half inch.

A "Zone" type of diet works (in theory) by balancing the fats, carbs and proteins IN EACH MEAL so that you don't get huge insulin spikes, so that the food is slower to digest, and that there is a constant supply of protein to the body. Therefore you really shouldn't eat a lot of carbs in ANY meal. And not all carbs are considered the same for this diet. EVERY meal should be 40:30:30 with plenty of fibrous veggies as your main carbs. If not, then you're not really doing a 40:30:30 diet in the original sense of the diet. I hope you also realize that you still need to limit total calories on this (or any) diet if you expect it to work long term?

nclifter6feet6 said:

i feel the ratios dont matter as long as u keep protien at the right amount.

So, what you are saying is one gram of protein per pound......and then you can eat 500 grams of carbs and 100 grams of fat and still lose weight??

I do a 40/30/30 at 11x cals per pound

And of course.....a selection of low to mod GI foods will help as even moreso than those which constantly 'spike' your insulin levels.

I like this diet, and I just multiply my bodyweight X 12....like Cornholio.

BMJ

For carbs I eat:
red potato
brown rice
wheat bread-1 piece with natty p. butter(in the morning)
popcorn
green beans
asparagus
spinach
salad with tomato slices

Hows that?

Quick question about the 40/30/30, or 33/33/33.

You should keep every meal at these ratios, but what about your PW shake? Wouldn't it be better to drop the fat from this meal and just take carbs/protein? Should you do the 40/30/30 for every meal except the PW shake, and maybe just use some dextrose and whey for that meal?

Dial_tone said:
Personally, I think a 40/30/30 diet is better for endurance athletes than bodybuilders.
For a bodybuilder trying to trim down, it's too much fat for a low-fat diet and too much carb for a low-carb diet.
I think one should choose one or the other for maximum weight loss.

Not really...science has proven that the addition of unsaturated fats like Flax oil will help the body wring out those additional fat deposits.....more carbs will really limit fat burning as it is INPOSSIBLE TO BURN BODY FAT WHEN INSULIN LEVELS ARE RAISED.....this is an undisputable fact

JG1 - you arte correct in that the pwo shake should be fat free......

Top Bottom