Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Anyone have the formula for cals needed to cut?

BigRedCat

I have been reading conflicting reports of how many cals to cut/bulk with. Do any of you have the formula to figure it out? I have heard 12x weight, 16x weight etc. I am 5'11" @186 12%bf looking to cut down to 9-10% before I bulk and I have been running around 2200-2400 cals/day. I am wondering if I need to cut more cals. Also, what is the formula for women as I need to figure my girls cutting cals requirement as well. From what I understand I should be doing higher cals during my weights days and less during my cardio days- correct?

No need to have higher or lower calories on weight training or cardio days. Keep it the same. The basic formula is anywhere from 10-12x bodyweight. (whatever keeps you at around 2 pounds per week) When you get down low and your body starts fighting back try calorie cycling in which you slowly cut calories each day of the week before upping them the higest of any day on sunday.

Good luck.

According to ast-ss I need the following:
Cals/day 2790
Pro:355
Carbs:251
Fat:40
The protein seems way high and so do the carbs- I even use more fat than that- usually around 70g/day.

Yeah, start out at 12 until you get closer to your target body-fat range then when fat-loss beings to halt slowly lower then down to 10 but no lower. Keep an eye on body-fat too, if you start to drop too much muscle (for some 10xbw is too low) then adjust accordingly.

Yes, same for ladies.

Good luck.

start with a basic bodyweight x 12 with weight training then add cals to what ever you do for fat buring ( eg , treadmill 30 mins intense = 500 cals ) add that to your daily total if your still hungry eat more .

eg , bodyweight =225 x 12 = 2700 + 500 =3200

protein 225 x 1.5 =337.5
flax oil x 3 tablespoons daily
carbs 200 grams daily breakfast and preworkout only
adjust things to suit you , not to suit the diet

good luck :D

kiwibrian said:
start with a basic bodyweight x 12 with weight training then add cals to what ever you do for fat buring ( eg , treadmill 30 mins intense = 500 cals ) add that to your daily total if your still hungry eat more .

eg , bodyweight =225 x 12 = 2700 + 500 =3200

protein 225 x 1.5 =337.5
flax oil x 3 tablespoons daily
carbs 200 grams daily breakfast and preworkout only
adjust things to suit you , not to suit the diet

good luck :D

yeah but you can't factor in the exact estimated total of what you're burning off into your daily calories. if you do, you're not going to put yourself into caloric defacit, you're just going to be eating allt he calories back that you burn, and there's no sense in that.

Just do it the easy way, take your LEAN BODY MASS times 10 and eat that many cals per day at hi protein, lo carb, lo fat. if the calories that the formula give you are TOO STEEP of a drop than what you are currently eating then sloooowly work your way down to those calories oiver about a 2 week period of time.

Top Bottom