Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Anyone get CORTIZONE injections??

LCBUTLER

Does anybody get joint pain to the point they have to get cortisone injections? How good of an idea is that while you are on a cycle.

I really need help with this. Please tell me what you can about the pro's and con's of this.

I did, but they are not a good idea during a cycle since it inhibits the muscle gain. If joints get real bad I usually incorporate a shot of deca, but sometimes you just need to beat it out!

It is advised that you take a break from lifting for 2 weeks after a shot as it weakens the tendons/ligaments and makes them far more likely to rupture and really screw you (especially under weight). I think this happened to Ken Patera the powerlifter who got shots before competition. Not sure if it was him but the knee blowout during the squat was featured on Wide World of Sports for years - very nasty.

That being said many still do train but the dangers are significant.

I get joint pain that comes and goes. Sometimes its pretty painful but I would rather have pain than a cortizone shot, the pain tells me to slow down and back off. I have noticed that while on cycle all my joint pains go away.

Although I have never had them, I've been around a lot of guys who did.

Not good!

Use it as a last resort bro, and I would def. not get any while on cycle.

Good luck!

cortisone/celestone

The problem with cortisone is that it works so darned well. It just overpowers inflammation, brings new endorphins to the area, and promotes resolution of problems causing pain around the joints. Remember that muscle strengthens three times faster than tendon. That is why tendonitis is such a huge problem on gear.

While cortisone overpowers this "itis" it has some severe possible side effects. Over time, at the site of injections, tiny crystals form on and around the insertions of the tendons. These crystals weaken the tendons and set you up for full rupture of the tendon as was mentioned earlier. It is a guessing game as to when, after how many shots, or if, it will happen to you. But the risk is there. Sure enough.

Thanks for the information. I will not get a cortisone injection, I will just bite the bullet and take the time off. It will probably be the best in the long run anyway.

Top Bottom