Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Anyone ever build a zip line before?

Yup, fun as fuck.

Our was about 200 feet and went from the balcony to the lake out back

Fuckin hurricane put a tree down on it and I've been 'going to put it up this year' for about 4 years now

Yup, fun as fuck.

Our was about 200 feet and went from the balcony to the lake out back

Fuckin hurricane put a tree down on it and I've been 'going to put it up this year' for about 4 years now

That's about the size I'm am thinking about. There are some pretty thick woods behind the house. Thinking about a raised box blind about 300-400 ft from the house as the starting point and the zip line coming toward the yard. Then after bagging a deer I can zip line him to the yard instead of dragging it all the way through the snow. Win win.

The way we set ours up was a steel cable anchored into the concrete, and the other end in a treetop about 500 feet away anchored only about 30 feet lower than the starting spot. The slack in the line is more than enough to drop you a good 40 feet in a hurry, and you want the drop point to be pretty short of the end anchor in case some fuckin retard decides to get scared and not let go.

We learned the hard way. Had the cable barely long enough to let go before the wheel and handle reached the end. Pinkscrubs' stupid ass little brother kept hangin on and the wheel bottomed out on the lower anchor and sent him flipping off into the opposite bank from 30 feet up or so lololololol

Also, what's gonna be your landing spot? A 40 foot drop with a wheel like we had will kill a ngr. Shit gets you going fast in about 3 seconds

I'm gonna have to clear a lane when the snow melts so it's all theoretical right now. It's not going to be super fast bc it's primarily for the kids. There's literally like 7 feet of snow out there right now. But it's def probably gonna have a bungee brake system at the end.

Top Bottom