Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Anybody here like Camping, Rafting & Fishing Trips?

Mosquitos can be a problem, but usually Tiki Torches keep them away. Never let the skeeters keep me away from outdoors activities.

sh4dowf4lcon said:
Now that I am a little older (30), I like camping in Rv, pop up campers, and cabins a little more than tent and sleeping bags. I am a Sportsman, so I like the country and sleeping in a tent and bag is not a big deal either.

:) I agree, I'll do the tent & mattress thing, but a tent trailer is much nicer. Especially if it rains. Last year I bought a fancy new inflatable mattress for my tent.. woke up halfway through the night on the roots and rocks. NICE! Stupid thing had a hole in it, brand new. I didn't have a patch kit either.

And why does everything sound like a bear when it's dark and something is rustling outside the tent? I'm sure it's probably a chipmunk or a mouse, but at night, it always sounds like it's a grizzly coming to kill me. :rolleyes:

Re: Re: Anybody here like Camping, Rafting & Fishing Trips?

Seashell said:

:) I agree, I'll do the tent & mattress thing, but a tent trailer is much nicer. Especially if it rains. Last year I bought a fancy new inflatable mattress for my tent.. woke up halfway through the night on the roots and rocks. NICE! Stupid thing had a hole in it, brand new. I didn't have a patch kit either.

And why does everything sound like a bear when it's dark and something is rustling outside the tent? I'm sure it's probably a chipmunk or a mouse, but at night, it always sounds like it's a grizzly coming to kill me. :rolleyes:

LOL @ Grizzly...I know what you mean, I had an inflatable mattress and it lasted like two trips and it was flat as a fritter :( ... I like the "pop up" campers too. They hook up to water and expand to provide a couple of queen size or full size beds. They are sweet, especially the AC and shower!! I prefer this "civilized" camping over tent and sleeping bags, but I can camp either way if the temp is right. What is the point to camping in a tent when it is 100 degrees out? AC and pop ups...it is the only way to go! I only worry about bears when I am in Ouachita national forest or something, I usually have big gun if I am anywhere near a place that has bears, cougars, or mountain lions. Coyotes howling in the background makes everyone *snuggle* a little closer, and try to keep camp fire burning all night, ah I love this time of year.

Well thank goodness there's no mountain lions or cougars to worry about up here, I'd never get any sleep! :worried:

Yeah, tents are uncool when it's rainy too, one can only play so many games of cards before it becomes tedious.

I only venture into the outback during Winter months down here.
Mosquitoes, Snakes and Hot muggy nights keep me in the A/C

In winter time though, there are lots of places to get lost down here in FL..

Ocala National Forest. Days/Weeks and not see the same scenery its so remote.

I went hiking camping in Everglades Natnl park with a 1/2 Seminole indian friend once, and damn he has me a bit concerned with the deep stuff we went into...

I love all of the above only replace rafting with kayaking and I am there. I like to spend a great deal of time at my cottage ,we have a pontoon boat and I just take off for hours.

Top Bottom