Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply US-PHARMACIES UGL OZ
Raptor Labs UGFREAK OxygenPharm
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplyUS-PHARMACIES UGL OZUGFREAKRaptor LabsOxygenPharm

Anybody drive Volkswagens

flyingjer

New member
Hey, folks usually don't post in here, but i maybe purchasing a car here soon, and i was looking at volkswagens, specifically jettas and passats. Anybody drive one or no anybody that does drive them, are they good cars, do they last. I am used to driving toyotas, hondas and nissans, how do they compare, sorry to offend anybody but american cars to me, family and friends are junk IMO.

Thanks for your responses Karma to info of course
 
yes, I have a 2003 passat sedan.

It runs great and has never given me any problems. It lacks a bit of grunt - its only 115hk, but it does the job and I'm happy with it
 
I bought my mom a 2006 Passat......and it kicks ass.

Built on the Audi suspension...no longer has that annoying engine tick.

280 hp
 
New VW's are junk. The older ones were far superior. Had a VW Passat a long time ago ('93 I think, forgot) that still runs. The engine on that thing is like a tank. The new VW's are plagued by too many electrical/mechanical issues from what I have read. I wouldn't go with an older one though as they all have too high a mileage. Just avoid VW altogether.
 
gotmilk said:
I bought my mom a 2006 Passat......and it kicks ass.

Built on the Audi suspension...no longer has that annoying engine tick.

280 hp

what annoying tick are you talking about?
 
A couple years ago they had a class action suit settled over their power windows and sun roofs due to reliability. I've had to have a number of sensors replaced and that was under warranty(at 1-2 year marks). Also, if you get your service done at a VW dealership it's a little pricey, their prices on tires are outrageous.
 
gotmilk said:
I bought my mom a 2006 Passat......and it kicks ass.

Built on the Audi suspension...no longer has that annoying engine tick.

280 hp


so you are saying that anything before 2006 is not good?
 
Nothing rides and handles like a VW in that price range.
Even the cheapest Golf or Beetle rides and handles well like a german car.

Some may have reliability issues with knobs, controls etc,
but the engines are average to good.

VW typically over engineers the cars components for that gee wiz cool factor,
and this may be why little things go wrong, vs the KISS approach of others.

Take a look at the Ignition Key as an example of what I mean.
 
Look at the vin and I believe the german built ones start with
a WB or WV or at least a W as in Wolfsberg.

At least that is what it used to be.

Others are made in Mexico.
 
I've detailed some black Passats. The paint (like other German makes) is incredible. Truly looks like glass.
 
PICK3 said:
I've detailed some black Passats. The paint (like other German makes) is incredible. Truly looks like glass.

yes. mine is black, and the paint job is amazing.

all in all a great car in that price range...
 
The German companies all hire Turks to work the paint shops.
 
flyingjer said:
sorry to offend anybody but american cars to me, family and friends are junk IMO.

I actually agree with you that domestic vehicles don't compare favorably with imports, but from here on out I'm only buying U.S. built vehicles. Just purchased a 06 Ford Ranger. :)
 
PICK3 said:
I actually agree with you that domestic vehicles don't compare favorably with imports, but from here on out I'm only buying U.S. built vehicles. Just purchased a 06 Ford Ranger. :)

then why are you buying only american cars, if you agree that imports are better?
 
PICK3 said:
I actually agree with you that domestic vehicles don't compare favorably with imports, but from here on out I'm only buying U.S. built vehicles. Just purchased a 06 Ford Ranger. :)

Aren't those assembled in Canada?
 
No, mine was built in MN.

I've been fortunate enough to buy a new vehicle every 12-18 months lately. My vehicle usually stays put at least 4 days a week due to my job.

Perhaps if I had to count on my vehicle for my livelyhood I'd go with an import, otherwise it's Ford, Chrysler, or GM for me.
 
Top Bottom