Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Any Problems with Low Bodyfat?

My bone density is fine and I supplement calcium and other bone builders. My estrogen levels are high....progesterone didn't kick me into menstration. I have to go back to make sure that all is okay, serious dieting and exercise can mess a girl up. There's alot I went thru before I found happiness in "building" muscel. So I pray that it works out ok. I'm not wanting to have kids, I'm raising my bf's autistic child and that's busy work in of itself!

POINT IS.....do be careful and talk with doctors about irregularities.

wilson6 said:
As I said, again, if you're worried about bone density, have a yearly DEXA. If you're not losing density from any region, then don't worry about it....
W6

W6

If I AM having regular periods, do I still need to worry about bone density?

I train heavy (actually I do periodized training like in the book Serious Strength Training by Tudor Bompa - - I think that and the interval sprint training were key in helping me lean up.

From my understanding, no. Your estrogen is "flowing" and that's what keeps those bones strong, along with calcium supps and weight training.

BUT personally, I'd still have it checked out. Some people are genetically predisposed to osteoporosis. Better to find out ahead of time and take action to prevent further.

At the very least, have your estrogen levels checked if you're worried. If you really want to know, have a DEXA done.

If you're lifting heavy, eating properly with enough calcium and protein in your diet, and have normal estrogen levels, you're probably fine.

W6

I doubled my calcium intake (yummy chewables that I considered a cheat treat cuz they have sugar) the entire time I dieted. I havent had my period in almost 2 years now, but speak with my OBGYN every year and he says Im ok. Just wish i didnt have the PMS still. Also took 5,000 mg of C eveyday and a multi-vitamin.
Dont know if this type of info. is what you were wondering about, but my main problems were body pains. Couldnt sit down in the tub because it hurt my butt so much, I could feel my bone grating against the bottom of the tub. I ended up sittin on a tub pillow to shave my legs. Also was cold all the frikkin time, and my joints hurt like a bitch.
All these symptoms stopped after I got back to around 10%.

Add Evebing primrose oil to your daily regemine. Prostaglandins work "overtime" during the mestration process.....meaning they need more omega fat to do their job. Most of don't eat that (I don't know anyone who does) so they're forced to make the fat they need from either the "bad" fat or carb stores. That makes them unhappy.... causing cramps, bloating, emotional, tender breasts, etc.

a problem with low bf.......

i ain't got it!!!!!!

damn, i hate all you skinny people!

I didn't start out with it ........25%plus a few yrs ago. I've kept it under 13% with intense working out for the last 2 yrs or so. Anything is acheivable if you want it bad enough.

Top Bottom