Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

another newbie says hello

Thx for the input... when you say max out do you mean hit my 10RMs in the 5th week or work up to my 10RMs in the 4th week then do 1RMs the 5th week to gauge where I'm at?

Hit a 1 rm in the 5 th week so you can base your training weights around a real max. Alot of guys will say I have benched 315 and after a layoff cant bench 260. So theres no way you could do triple with 250. This gives you accurate percentages to work with and lets you know how strong you have gotten over time. Also keep a training log for you to keep track of progress and it comes in handy when programming you training.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using EliteFitness

Should I be doing my deadlifts before or after my squats? I've been deadlifting for the last month, so I have gone through a few weeks of lighter workouts and moved on to heavier weight (for me), but I've only just started doing squats so I'm concentrating on technique for now. Because of that I'm thinking I should deadlift first then do the squats since they're easier, but I am just learning to do them properly so maybe I should do them first while my CNS is fresh for learning a new movement... what do you guys think?

Depends if sumo deadlift u can use the squats as a warm up sort of.. But id agree doing the squats first while your still learning will help so ur not worn out while trying to reach proper depth

Should I be doing my deadlifts before or after my squats? I've been deadlifting for the last month, so I have gone through a few weeks of lighter workouts and moved on to heavier weight (for me), but I've only just started doing squats so I'm concentrating on technique for now. Because of that I'm thinking I should deadlift first then do the squats since they're easier, but I am just learning to do them properly so maybe I should do them first while my CNS is fresh for learning a new movement... what do you guys think?

Always squat first. When Im done deadlifting my back is on fire theres no way I could squat.

I did squats and deadlifts today. For the squats I did a set with the bar (45x12), then 95x10, 115x10, 135x10, 135x10, 135x10. I feel like I could have easily gone heavier and kept good form, but it was only my 2nd time doing real squats so I kept it light and really tried to stretch out my glutes/hams at the bottom so I can get deeper. I'll start adding weight slowly (5-10lbs a workout) from now on.

Deadlifts: 2 warmup set with 135, 225x8, 295x3, 315x2, 325x1, 335x1. I didn't go for a 2nd rep with 325 because I wanted to try for a new PR and got 335 with good form, although it wasn't exactly an explosive lift. Even though 325x2 would've also been a PR for me, I wanted to try for a new 1RM because, well, it's really satisfying lol.

Then I did 2 sets x15 of BW squats with a vertical leap after each rep to "finish off" my legs. I don't know if there's a name for these... I'll call them plyometric squats? I think these will be good for training my CNS how to recruit muscles for the squat while I'm still learning it.

I ended the night with some core exercises, some foam rolling, and some stretching. Next up is my "upper body day." I'm thinking of switching to a 3 day split where I put squats and deads on different days, but I'm not sure how I'd split up the upper body work or what I would add to it.

I did squats and deadlifts today. For the squats I did a set with the bar (45x12), then 95x10, 115x10, 135x10, 135x10, 135x10. I feel like I could have easily gone heavier and kept good form, but it was only my 2nd time doing real squats so I kept it light and really tried to stretch out my glutes/hams at the bottom so I can get deeper. I'll start adding weight slowly (5-10lbs a workout) from now on.

Deadlifts: 2 warmup set with 135, 225x8, 295x3, 315x2, 325x1, 335x1. I didn't go for a 2nd rep with 325 because I wanted to try for a new PR and got 335 with good form, although it wasn't exactly an explosive lift. Even though 325x2 would've also been a PR for me, I wanted to try for a new 1RM because, well, it's really satisfying lol.

Then I did 2 sets x15 of BW squats with a vertical leap after each rep to "finish off" my legs. I don't know if there's a name for these... I'll call them plyometric squats? I think these will be good for training my CNS how to recruit muscles for the squat while I'm still learning it.

I ended the night with some core exercises, some foam rolling, and some stretching. Next up is my "upper body day." I'm thinking of switching to a 3 day split where I put squats and deads on different days, but I'm not sure how I'd split up the upper body work or what I would add to it.

If your running a 3 day split separating squats and deads the do your deads and back work on monday, wed do chest, tris, shoulders, then friday do squats and lower work. Also on monday throw in some leg accessory work like reverse hypers and ghr. Do abs all 3 days for core strength.

Top Bottom