Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Another 24

OK guys I'll switch to Youtube and see if that works better :)

Biggt said:
Nice last couple of workouts.....sometimes I am a little nervous the first week of a new cycle when things aren't a total joke, but usually it corrects itself with some conditioning, worst case scenario, you can just load hard for 2 weeks or even 3, then deload one week, and begin loading again......also, if you feel you're the type of trainee who does better with 2 week bursts of HEAVY loading, follwed with 1 week of unloading, it may be something to think about at this point......with me, I find that I don't need much reacclimation, maybe a week or so, then I adapt pretty quickly to the lifts I am training, so I might try that.

Thanks for the positive comments – I have to admit to having some anxiety about this week and just starting all over in a few days. The 2/3 week load also crossed my mind. Hell I was thinking of 1 week loading. But we’ll see how Friday goes and see if I can push through after a weekend of R&R.

As far as me becoming a good squatter – man, I really appreciate the comment but it’s my weak lift and I always have a lot of anxiety getting under the bar, no matter what the weight.

Biggt said:
no matter how taxing the fronts feel on Wed, they never contribute to much fatigue, soreness, or CNS issues because they are still lighter than back squats and not brutal on the posterior chain.

Yep, that and Trap Bar DL hopefully to save the PC. I hope so.

Week 1 Day 3

Just typing that makes me shake my head. Week 1...

Fighting off a bit of a cold today and feeling run down. I hope that's a big contributer because I felt weak as shit today.

Drop under bar drills

bar x 5 x 5

Squat
Bar x 10
60 x 2 x 5
80 x 1
90 x 6
100 x 6
110 x 6
120 x 6

Hip really started to bother me at 90, I trudged through til my last set which was hard, my last rep was a grinder. Hip/glute really hurting coming out of the hole. Really strange as I felt great coming off my last run.

Bench
Bar x 2 x 15
60 x 5
80 x 1
100 x 4 x 6

WTF? I did these 'piston-like' 6 months ago or so and these were tough. Hell I was close-gripping these a few weeks ago. :rolleyes:

Clean Pulls
100 x 1

Quit, way too slow and no pop whatsover

Overall: Crappy end to a crappy Week 1. I'll see how I feel tomorrow and finish up the CP's, maybe.

Hang in there - I had a crappy week last week.....it will come back

Jim have you seen a chiro or physio about the hip? Mine just has to touch my hip flexors and I'm squirming off her table, they get so tight that stretching and adjustment (and ART!) can make a big difference

The Shadow said:
Hang in there - I had a crappy week last week.....it will come back

Thanks Shadow, appreciate the encouragment. I feel a little better today.

Tweakle: I saw a chrio a few months ago and it seemed to help but I wasn't fond of the 'visit everyday for 10 weeks' program he laid out for me.

Anyway, the pain I'm feeling is one of extreme tightness in my glute/hip to the point of hurting and makes me compensate in other ways. This morning I woke up and it felt like a charlie horse in my medial glute/sid of my leg.

Maybe a chrio will indeed help.

If you're catching a cold and feeling like dogcrap, you may need to back off for a 7-14 days. The rest may help you in the long run.

Also, you may look into triggerpoint therapy. It's called lots of other things too but a search for trigger point therapy should get your started. Some people swear by it and you can do it yourself. You mentioned having a really tight spot in a particular location . . . you may be able to work it out on your own and then keep working that point as maintenance and it might do the trick. PM me if you want more info.

Yeah I'm considering a full week off just to get better. Cold took a turn for the worse with body aches and the whole bit, although today is better.

Sorry for all the whining lately, btw :rolleyes:

Is trigger point therapy anything like myofascial release? I have a foam roller I can use.

Hope you get rested up....with a cold I can go either way, if I get nailed, some time off is what I need, if it is mild, I pop some Advil Cold and Sinus and ride the pseudoephedrine to a usually good workout, lol.....just use your head with it and don't be afraid of a 5-7 day layoff.

With Chiro's, they are either great or total clowns looking to make a buck (visit everyday for 10 weeks, lol)....do some homework on the ones in your area as the right one who is legit and knows their stuff can work wonders.

Top Bottom