Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Anabolics and High School Students

Primo57

As most of you know, the Anabolic Steroid Control Act was passed in part because of the supposed "epidemic" of AS usage among high students. I decided to dig around on a hunch that
there couldn't possibly be that many 16 year olds injecting huge
amounts of deadly steroids into their "veins". Here's just a few of
the state wide studies I looked at:

-all surveys emphasized the confidential nature of the responses and were administered by research teams rather than school personnel. The study by Radakovich et al., was conducted among high school seniors only. The rest were given to the 9-12 grade levels.

Statewide Cross-Sectional
References #Partic. State (year) %Overall Prev.
Radakovich et al. 810 California (91) 2.2*1
Tanner et. al. 6,930 Colorado(93) 1.3
Luetkemeier et. al. 11,907 Utah (95) 1.4
Stilger & Yesalis 873 Indiana (93) 6.3*2
Ringwalt 11,351 N. Carolina (89) 0.5
North Carolina 10,848 N. Carolina (91) 1.6
South Carolina 223,663 S. Carolina (90) 2.1
South Carolina 232,304 S. Carolina (93) 1.6
Windsor & Dumitru 901 Texas (88) 1.4
Texas 87,981 Texas (90) 0.7
Texas 73,073 Texas (92) 1.7
Texas 107,093 Texas (94) 2.2
Durant et. al. 1,881 Georgia (90) 1.9
Durant et. al 1,442 Georgia (91) 1.7
Maryland 18,218 Maryland (92) 1.3

*1The authors also noted that a separate survey of the student athlete population indicated that 37% of females and 49% of males claimed that they had never heard of anabolic steroids

*2 27% of students claimed they had used crack cocaine withing
the last week

I'm sure even these numbers are inflated.

Stay Big/Stay Safe

Well if there is an AS epidemic, and that is the rational for making them illegal, then cigarettes & beer should be illegal also. I think that there are just a few more HS & College kids using those products, which are WAY worse for you than AS could ever be.

When used correctly, AS helps your body and I don't even put drugs, alcohol, tobacco, ect. in the same category. I put it in the same category as one of the basic food groups! ya know?

barnes3

PS- but AS is definately not for everyone, and should not be taken, in my opinion, by people under 21 (males anyways). Due to the fact that the average male does not stop growning until he is 25. I think that the majority of a person natural growth should happen before any AS is taken.

:fro: peace

Fuck the government,george W jr. did cocaine,and he wants to end columbian cocaine shipments.
I don't like cocaine,but isn't that kind of fucked up?

I graduated from highschool last year and I can definately say that there is NO anabolic steroid epidemic. How many big highschool kids do you see? Practicly none. I went to a medium sized school and there MIGHT have been 2 other than myself that i suspected. I think that the original study that made that claim was blown out of proportion because alot of people i went to school with didnt know the difference between 'andro' and the real thing. Alot of guys used andro, so they probobly considered that a steroid when they took the survey.

Well, I have been out of high school for a little over three years now. In highschool, i knew nothing about juice. Once i got to college, it was a totally different situation. They are so easy to get now, at least with athletics they are. I think alot of this is due to the spreading of the I-net! Just my thoughts...
:confused:

It doesn't appear to be a steroid epidemic from the looks of people but there does appear to be a "Biggie Size" and whopper epidemic which is obvious by all the fat fucks I see walking around.

roidog420 said:
Well if there is an AS epidemic, and that is the rational for making them illegal, then cigarettes & beer should be illegal also. I think that there are just a few more HS & College kids using those products, which are WAY worse for you than AS could ever be.

I don’t know about that… I do agree that if steroids are used correctly they are safer then booze and tobacco. But you got to remember there are some dumb people out there who could really fuck themselves up misusing AS.

Top Bottom