Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

American Reflexxx social experiment

cindylou

Fancy
EF VIP

Description by the uploader:

“American Reflexxx is a short film documenting a social experiment that took place in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. Director Alli Coates captured performance artist Signe Pierce as she strutted down a busy oceanside street in stripper garb and a reflective mask. The pair agreed not to communicate until the experiment was completed, but never anticipated the horror that would unfold in under an hour.

The result is a heart wrenching technicolor spectacle that raises questions about gender stereotypes, mob mentality, and violence in America.”

Thoughts?

She was acting like a stripper in public in a place with kids present. She wanted attention. Gotta expect some ridicule.

Maybe she didn't deserve to get pushed down but play stupid games, win stupid prizes. I could see myself being tempted to give her a few choice words.

Oh man she was doin some half ass sexy poses in a mirror mask and she deserves to get shit thrown at her and pushed down makes hella good sense u cuntry shit kicker

Why don't you give your opinion nan since you're a LGBT fan girl?
I'm not a "LGBT fangirl" I just believe we all should be treated with dignity and respect. We should have basic human rights and civil liberties regardless of liking a vagina or a penis.

While I thought the wearing of the mask in public was a bit strange I think that was the entire point of the experiment.

It was a reflective mask...I think it shows the people who react negatively see something in themselves they hate or are angry at.

I'm not a "LGBT fangirl" I just believe we all should be treated with dignity and respect. We should have basic human rights and civil liberties regardless of liking a vagina or a penis.

Do you think she deserved to be treated with dignity while doing some dumb shit like this?

While I thought the wearing of the mask in public was a bit strange I think that was the entire point of the experiment.

It was a reflective mask...I think it shows the people who react negatively see something in themselves they hate or are angry at.

That's interesting Mitch I hadn't considered the reflection as part of the experiment and that's probably right. The mask is the important part of it, I hadn't even considered that it was reflective

I did think she was acting inappropriately. I do wish they had just used the dress and the mask without the stripper moves. I can't even show this to my Dad to see what his thoughts are on it. Lol

The mask gives sense that she is concealing something or otherwise gives her a creepy vibe. I do not believe that people would have thrown things at her or pushed her down had she not worn the mask. They would have seen her eyes and face and wouldn't have done it, or those who had would have come to her rescue. The mask kept people from seeing her a human being somehow and empathizing with her. It's a weird experiment and I"m not sure what the people were going for or what they were looking for? I'm not sure why this was made into a LBGT thing, she was a woman the entire time. I wonder if our responses are part of the experiment too

Top Bottom