Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Am I training my tris efficiently?

blood_drinker

When I am doing cable pushdowns, sometimes I cannot pull them without my tris almost going to failure, so the cord and cables are getting all shaky *(because my tris are shaking) and it takes a LOT of effort to pull them down.

I view this as normal.

Other people look as if Im doing something wrong.
WTF? Am I?

There's nothing wrong with your muscles shaking during a set as long as your form is correct. Try your best to keep the weight under control.

If you're hunched over the weight (as opposed to standing with good posture) you've got to lighten the load...

i always go to a 90 degree angle, because some one had said that the tricep will be contracted at all times. As for the question, im not a pro bodybuilder, but it sounds like kyou are incorporating other muscles and your shaking because of the load. Lighten the load and go till failure.

is anything else feeling fatigued or sore?

Commonly on pressdowns you end up using some chest and lats to pull the weight down. Remember on the negative don't go over 90 degrees or you will incorporate these extra muscles and place alot of stress on your elbows. If your chest or other support muscles are getting worked then you're cheating a little too much. Also, having correct form is good but after you get to where you are keeping up good form cheating is not always bad for you. For a few extra reps every once in awhile cheating is ok. I'm not saying to rock the weights up or jerk them around all the time:) I don't stand completely straight, I do hunch over a bit to get some leverage. I shake on this exercise every now and then too as it's my finisher for tri's- nothing wrong with it, just means you're getting fatigued and near failure. As long as you feel the tricep contracting and working that's what matters.

Top Bottom