Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Am I Overtraining? help my routines

ImportAce00

My workout partner and I have been doing the same routine for the past year but gains seem to be minimal. Please tell me if i'm overworking my muscles, cause i don't feel like my muscles are being overworked, but from what i read on forums, it seems like we have too many exercises or seomthign. Each day takes about an hour to complete all the exercises. Also, any help on my routine would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot.

MON- chest/tri
flat BB bench- 10(warmup), 10,6,4
decline DB - 3x10
flies- 3x10
overhead tri ext- 3x10
tri pulls- 3x10
skull crushers- 3x10
TUES- back/bi's
preacher curls- 3x10 (5 lbs inc)
DB curls- 3x10
machine curls- 3x10
rows- 3x10
pulldowns- 3x10
another back exer- 3x10
WED- shoul/legs
DB military-3x10
shoulder shrugs- 3x10
another shoulder exer- 3x10
leg press- 3x10
squats- 10(warmup), 10,6,4
calf raises- 3x10
THUR- redo MON workout but a light workout
FRI,SAT,SUN- REST

are you serious

well first of all if you having trouble gaining why dont you try to think if your pushing hard enough and make sure your nutrition and rest are proper. Dont reach for the overtraining card when your workout is that minimal its almost like your looking for an excuse to do less. If you ask me your undertraining, or you've been doing the same workout too long and your muscles have just become used to it.

^BUMP

I'd like to know too because i have a similar workout routine as importace00. I don't know about importace00, but im taking glutamine, which aids in muscle recovery, and have intense workouts where i would work until failure, yet im barely sore the next day and feel fully recovered by the 3rd day. What supplements are you on importace? I was also wondering would it be overtraining having an intense workout cycle beginning part of the week and a lighter workout at the end. I have read somewhere on the discussion board that you don't need to "feel" overtrained to actually know that you are in fact overtraining. Are there certain physical signs that i should look for to show that im overtraining? Soreness, weakness?

To abbaddon,
How can you call that minimal training? His routine seems to me if anything...OVERTRAINING, but that's just what i think. If you think Importace00 is undertraining, then my guesses are that you're probably overtraining yourself. I would like to see what your routine is so that you can jusitfy his undertraining.

I don't see any hams in there?

I also don't see the point of training your chest and tri's on friday with a lighter workout unless you are doing specialized powerlifting training.

I would also switch the back and bi's order (start with back and end with bi's). For me, I usually only do 5-6 sets for bi's 6-7 for tri's. So I'd cut down on the volume for your smaller groups and keep it higher for the larger groups.

Here's my routine.

day 1 chest/bi's/forearms
incline bench 3 sets
weighted dips 3 sets
flat or incline or decline flyes 2 sets

preacher curl 3-4 sets
straight bar curl 2 sets

farmers walk 2 sets

rotator cuff work 2 sets

day 2 rest

day 3 tri's/back/hams/traps
closegrip bench or skull crushers 4 sets
overhead extensions 2 - 3 sets

barbell row or wide grip chins 4 sets
deadlift or rack pull 3 sets
pull down or cable row (depends on whether I started with rows or chins) 2 sets

glute ham raise 2 sets

some type of shrug 3 sets

day 4 rest

day 5 shoulders/quads
hammerstrength press or standing barbell press 3 sets
lateral raise 2 sets
bent over lateral raise 2 sets

squats 3 sets
hack squat 2 sets
leg extensions 1 set

day 6 hams (if I did rack pulls this week)
stiff leg deadlifts 2 sets

day 7 rest

So it's 3 days one week and 4 days the next. Plenty of time for rest, and the volume isn't out of control.

DONALDuckY said:
^BUMP
To abbaddon,
How can you call that minimal training? His routine seems to me if anything...OVERTRAINING, but that's just what i think. If you think Importace00 is undertraining, then my guesses are that you're probably overtraining yourself. I would like to see what your routine is so that you can jusitfy his undertraining.

I am not the one having trouble making gains. So your guess would be wrong. Overtraining is working muscles that havent fully recovered yet. As I told him he should look at his rest and his diet not his routine. He takes 3 days off a week and for most major muscle groups is only doing 9 sets that is far from overtraining. You said your routine is very similiar to his, and your barely sore the next day and fully recovered by the third. You are undertraining. Dont be so afraid to actually push yourself.

Top Bottom