Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Am I over training ?? feedback pls

jamesfitness

I'm 17
Just need guidance

All exercises 5 sets 6-8 reps
Mon: chest & shoulders
Chest:
Incline barbell
Incline dumbbell
Flat bench barbell
Flat dumbbell bench
Machine press
machine flys
Wire flys
Shoulders:
Pulley lat raise
ISO shoulder press machine
Barbell shoulder press
Rear delt fly machine
Dumbbell fly
Tues: legs & triceps
Squat
Leg press
Leg curl
Leg extension
Kneeling squats
Donkey calf raises
Standing calf raises
Stiff leg deadlifts
Wed: back & biceps
Barbell rows
Wide chin ups
Dumbbell shrugs
Barbell shrugs
Lat pull downs
Cable rows
Lower back extensions
Biceps:
standing ez bar curls
Cable ez bar curls
Pull ups
Thurs:
Chest again
Friday:
Legs
Saturday:
Back
Sunday abs

Last edited:
pobably not because if your doing that much volume chances are your not training hard.
only you know if your over training we dont know how you feel.

Training depends on the individual but;

Training 7 days a week and combining major body parts together is (on paper) the epitome of overtraining.

Legs
Shoulders
Chest
Back
Arms

2 on 1 off, etc.

7 exercises for chest. Do pecs look that big in relation to leg muscles and the posterior chain? You're doing the new kid in the gym workout and will wonder 3-6 months from now why you've only put on 5 pounds. And this plan you've got will last all of 3 weeks before you get hurt or just burn out. No more than 4-5 exercises per large group. Presses, rows, squats, DLs, maybe work a skill lift like cleans or snatches or over head squats, a little arm work with abs and calves. It's much simpler than you think.

Alright thanks I've been trying to gain size so I guess that was what I was doing wrong

Starting strength is a good workout and the Bill Starr/Pendeley/Madcow plan is good too. Remember, if you get stronger, you get bigger and vice versa. And recovery is the antithesis of training, or the other necessary side.

Top Bottom